Author Topic: Batch rename causes loss of data in RT Raid  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Spino

• View Profile
Batch rename causes loss of data in RT Raid
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:19:20 pm »
I've had a weird little thing happen to me for a while now and I first noticed it a couple months back where I tried to use Renamer to rename about 20 video files at once. Once the operation was complete, the files were "lost". By lost, I mean the files were missing from the raid and the drive. I passed it off as a one time event but it happened again recently when I tried the exact same thing.

It also seems to happen if you rename a file and then rename it again instantly. I've had this happen when I realize I made a typo in the name and instantly tried to fix it.

Another way to seem to cause this is if you move a lot of data into a deeper folder (lost 11 GB of shows). ie. Folder1 has Movie1,2,3,4,5,etc. Now move all of them into Folder2 inside Folder1 so the end path is Folder1\Folder2\

I've attached the logs and event 1 and 3 happen on 2012-7-27 at 02:32 on the FlexRAID log and event 2 happens as the very last event on the FlexRAID.sys.c1-1 log.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Batch rename causes loss of data in RT Raid
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 06:46:57 am »
I see that you are using the old driver. Please switch to the new one.

Offline Spino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »
hmm AFAIK, i'm on 2.0U9 and I'm not entirely sure where to find this update. Can you point me in the right direction for me?

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:14:53 pm »
In the WebUI -> System Control Panel -> Toolbox -> Storage Pool Preferences, make sure using the old driver is not checked.

Offline Spino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 01:08:12 am »
Just looked and that option is not checked, but the restrict thumbs and desktop are checked.

Edit: Turns out I could also lose a file if I change the capitalization of the file. Also forced me to break the RAID after that and reform it.
ie. "Kowarekake no Orgel - Special" --> "Kowarekake No Orgel - Special"
File wasn't found as soon as I hit enter to confirm the rename.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:51:54 am by Spino »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 03:16:36 am »
Please install TeamViewer and send me the connection info as I would like to look at your system to see closely what you are experiencing.