Author Topic: New User Reconcile Problem  (Read 1019 times)

Offline lasker98

• View Profile
New User Reconcile Problem
« on: August 04, 2012, 05:34:46 pm »
I'm on first day with FlexRaid trial. I just finished setting up my configuration following the instructions in the Getting Started Guide founf under "Guides".

I'm setting it up on Windows Home Server 2011 with one 2 TB DRU, one 1 TB DRU and one 2 TB PRU. I had everyting setup so I could see my pool and shares in dashboard. I had to restart the server and on restart the FlexRaid drive was not visible in My Computer or Dashboard. I figured out I had to restart the storage pool. Trying this gave me the message about having to reconcile that I found multiple forum posts on. I tried reconciling, got the message asking if I had restored from one of the backups. Since this was within the first hour of getting FlexRaid configured, I had no backups that I was aware of, so I replied "Yes" to this message (after first replying "No" and having the program exit the reconcile task) and after a couple minutes I receives an error message.

So at this point after 3 days of working on getting this new system up and running and spending over 8 hours today installing and configuring FlexRaid, I'm now sitting with an unusable system with over 2 TB of music and pictures that I had copied over from old system.

To say I'm incredibly frustrated and a few other not suitable for a public forum is the understament of the year. I've attached 2 logs as instructed in "Rules" post.

How do I gain access to those files again? Is there any way to delete that FlexRaid configuration and just get my drives back the way they were?

Please help ASAP.

Bill

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New User Reconcile Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:54:13 am »
Backups are created automatically.
You need to go to Toolbox -> Backup.

Offline lasker98

• View Profile
Re: New User Reconcile Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:28:58 am »
Thanks. I no longer have FlexRaid installed. If I remember right, I deleted the configuration and uninstalled FlexRaid, which gave me back my drives exactly as they were prior to FlexRaid installation.

Why did I get that problem in the first place?

It sure wasn't very confidence inspiring having an issue like that the first time I rebooted after installation. To be honest, I was just relieved to get FlexRaid off my system with no damage. Based on reading through the forum, it seems this is not an isolated occurrence. I like the idea of FlexRaid combining the RAID protection with storage pooling but after my initial experience, it would take a lot of convincing to get me to try it again.

Bill