Author Topic: Server Shares on WHS 2011, Setup  (Read 2832 times)

Offline stepmback

• View Profile
Server Shares on WHS 2011, Setup
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:40:20 am »
I have tried several methods to get my shares to show up correctly when accessing via devices on my network (WD live hub). I have not been able to prevent the standard Document and other folders from appearing to my media devices. Ideally all I would like is to have Videos, Pictures, Music, Movies and Private folder appear to users.

Given that there is data already in these folders, can someone help me with the steps I need to perform to correct this?

Offline m0t0k0

• View Profile
Re: Server Shares on WHS 2011, Setup
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 07:00:29 am »

If you don't want your documents folder to be seen by a client device then just turn off sharing for that folder.

Post a pic of your dashboard showing your shares and I will see if I can help any further just not entierly shure what you want to do!
WHS 2011
Transparent RAID

Offline Z0m8ie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:20:09 am »
I have tried several methods to get my shares to show up correctly when accessing via devices on my network (WD live hub). I have not been able to prevent the standard Document and other folders from appearing to my media devices. Ideally all I would like is to have Videos, Pictures, Music, Movies and Private folder appear to users.

Given that there is data already in these folders, can someone help me with the steps I need to perform to correct this?

Hi, You can't remove the pre-defined shares. They
are hard-coded into the WHS2011 O/S

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 05:30:27 am »
I think you can only "move" them with a process (and not all of them).
Don't remember this any more. Remeber WHS is a soon-to-die product of a dead product line.

---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.