Author Topic: Cant use FlexRAID: Trial request pre-registration failure  (Read 2306 times)

Offline zac_haryy

• View Profile
Cant use FlexRAID: Trial request pre-registration failure
« on: September 14, 2012, 07:45:47 pm »
Im wanting to try out FlexRAID and I can't get the free trial to run. I keep getting the error: "Trial request pre-registration failure!". I tried to find people with the same issue and one was to make sure the sudo p/w word is correct, which mine is I just setup all my apps on there.  However, I did run FlexRAID on another distro of linux to try out for a day and that alloud me in. Then when I decided to try a different distro (testing different ones out for server) is when it would give me this error. Is my FlexRAID key somehow tied to my MAC or IP address? Otherwise I dont understand why I am getting this error. If there is something else I can try please let me know as I am very interested in usuing FlexRAID but just wanted to give it a two week trial first. Please let me know so if there is anything that I can try. Thank you!

-haryy

Offline zac_haryy

• View Profile
Re: Cant use FlexRAID: Trial request pre-registration failure
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 08:19:07 pm »
Since I installed it on a different hdd on the same computer, do I need to transfer a trial key over to a different hdd with a different OS on it? Here is what happened
I setup Ubuntu on my FlexRAID machine that I am just putting together for the first time. I installed it and put FlexRAID on there and selected the 14 day trial and it let me into the interface. However I never setup anything other than that because I found out the hdd had a bunch of bad sectors on it. I went and grabbed a different hdd and setup ubuntu on a new hdd and setup of FlexRAID. This time when I go into the FlexRAID interface (on the new OS and HDD) I get a the error: "Trial request pre-registration failure!"

What can I do to get this to work? I would really like to test this out and decide if I'd like to purchase. Please let me know, thanks!!

-haryy

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 09:27:16 am »
I think you need to add which distro is currently giving you issues.

Offline zac_haryy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 09:32:29 am »
Sorry, I am running Ubuntu (no gnome environment) minimal with these programs installed:
Lubuntu (very light)
openssh
sabnzbd
couchpotato
sickbeard
transmission
FlexRAID

Those are the only applications installed on this machine.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:06:31 am by zac_haryy »

Offline dragadog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 04:31:20 pm »
I'm seeing this same issue with Ubuntu 12.04 -- error "Trial request pre-registration failure!" when entering sudo password (and it's definitely correct).
Also seeing the same java errors in log:
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   ... 4 more
[2013-03-10 14:22:35,797] ERROR: Error while executing the external command-line process. Message=null
com.tchegbe.a.a.b.a: Error while executing the external command-line process. Message=null
   at java.lang.Void.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   ... 4 more

I installed and immediately launched the web interface. In reference to the previous post in this thread, I didn't attempt to make any disk configuration changes prior to launching the web ui -- am I supposed to? I thought that's was supposed to happen via the ui.

Thanks.