Author Topic: Easier way to stop pool?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Skirge01

• View Profile
Easier way to stop pool?
« on: September 26, 2012, 10:54:37 am »
I'm still very new at this and I only have the system running on weekends I can work on it, so I try to figure stuff out during the week to prepare for the weekend's efforts.  :)

Anyhow, I keep reading posts about how critical it is to stop the pool before rebooting the computer.  I did make the suggested registry change for killing processes, but I get the feeling I should still log into the UI and manually turn off the pool.  However, logging into the web UI to do so could get tedious (and easy to forget, when you're in a hurry).  Is there a way to trigger that to happen and then shut down the computer?  I'm thinking about a batch file or even using autohotkey.  That way, when I go to shut down, I'll just launch that script and it will do everything.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Easier way to stop pool?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 11:30:12 am »
Actually, try doing some testing.

1. Make the registry change so that the timeout is around 5 minutes or a duration equal to the time it takes to copy the largest single file in your pool
2. With the pool running delete a large file (2-3GB large)
3. Wait 20-30 seconds and reboot without stopping the pool

Then check how long it took for the system to exit Windows for the reboot and whether you get an error when trying to start the RAID.