Author Topic: FlexRAID 2.0 Final Update 10r2  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
FlexRAID 2.0 Final Update 10r2
« on: October 02, 2012, 04:13:33 am »
FlexRAID 2.0 Update 10r2 Final (release discussion thread)

Code: [Select]
Changes in 2.0 Update 10r2:
- Fixed a small glitch in licensing on Linux
- Fixed folder rename issues
- Fixed issue in expression language whereas specifying an interactive directive was not properly interpreted
- Driver update with some interim changes for Windows 8 early adopters (note: full and better Windows 8 support will be in a new driver)
- Added advanced mount options for Linux users

Offline metalwulf

• View Profile
Re: FlexRAID 2.0 Final Update 10r2
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:29:36 pm »
Last night I upgraded from version 10 because I saw this version had the fix for MCM folder renaming.  Ever since the update my pc has been crashing.  It was rock solid prior to the update.  I've uploaded the logs and minidumps from all the crashes since the update.  Also I wanted to try rolling back to the previous version, but the link for it only points to newest release.  Is there a way to download the last version?  Any help would be great!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/slip0waospzy8c9/vXAjpqExob

Thanks!

I changed my settings so I can get pics of the blue screens and I attached the lastest one.  I also noticed that on reboot the flexraid service doesn't start and I have to do it manually.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:13:38 pm by metalwulf »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 12:00:39 am »
Your crash dump reports are pointing to everything but FlexRAID.
Some drivers cited were mountmgr.sys and USBPORT.SYS and even hardware issues were hinted.

I would say check your memory modules (run memtest86+).

Also, did you check the Windows event viewer? If not, do so and post the errors reported there.

Offline metalwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 07:10:38 am »
Thanks for the quick response!

I'll run memtest when I get home from work tonight, and do some more poking around.  Guess it was just a crappy coincidence that my issues began 5 minutes after upgrading to 10r2.

Offline metalwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 09:28:05 am »
Looks like it was a driver issue.  15 passes of memtest and zero errors, seatools to check drives and watched temps of cpu/gpu.  All came back good.  I updated and reloaded a bunch of drivers and it's been stable for a day of normal use.

Offline joerockt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 01:13:33 pm »
I just installed this version, but when UserMode.exe is launched, I'm getting this error:

Manage error!  Code=5 Message=Access is denied.

Offline joerockt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 01:31:31 pm »
Nevermind.  I ran it again after typing the previous message and whatever its suppose to do, it did it.  Storage pool came up after a reboot.

Offline BiiRO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 06:24:03 pm »
I concur...updated to lastest build and server has crashed at least twice per day (that I hear it) never did it prior ..

Offline nostradamus99

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06:14 am »
I concur...updated to lastest build and server has crashed at least twice per day (that I hear it) never did it prior ..
What version are you running Storage Protection, Storage Pooling? SnapRAID Realtime RAID..? You should provide logs and dumpfiles if you want Brahim to say something meaningful about it.

Brahim , the first claim seemed to be a hardware problem but now more people are reporting problems with this release..?

The changelog for u11 is currently:
Changes in 2.0 Update 11 (not yet released):
- Major improvements to the Real-Time RAID feature (more resilient and better handling of reconciliation)
- Fixed UI for RT RAID DB backup where invalid backup could not be deleted but allowed to be restored
- Added option to better deal with “Invalid state: not enough usable space for parity!” cases
- Fixed UI so that Cruise Control managed drives can be scanned for hardlinks and invalid dates
MediaTank: Intel E6300 Core2Duo, 6 GB RAM with Windows 2008 R2, FlexRaid t2+ engine, RAID-F 2.0 u12 with 4 DRU's and 2x2TB PPU's so far

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 09:32:08 am »
Brahim , the first claim seemed to be a hardware problem but now more people are reporting problems with this release..?
I think BiiRO's case is another case of coincidence.
BiiRO, look into your crash dumps for clues as to what is crashing your system and read the various threads on hardware stability.

Offline alexd_uk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 04:44:16 pm »

Just to add some confidence for people in this release, I upgraded to it the day it was released, on two totally different windows systems (both using pooling and raid) and it has been rock steady ever since, AND more importantly the folder rename issue does indeed appear to be fixed!

Alex

Offline Gaevonn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 04:23:22 pm »
Just wanted to add that my systems are also running stable on 10r2 and no install issues.  The system gets used ALOT and so far it just keeps trucking along.
 8)
I Work; therefore, I Live.
;-)

Offline yewch001

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 10:06:15 pm »
Hi Brahim

You mentioned that this release fixes
- Fixed folder rename issues

I have a storage pool created from multiple network drives, and when i tried to rename the folders in the pool it will take a long time in Win7 after i press F2 on the folder before i can rename it. Does this release fix this or do i need to put more threads in my storage pool to make it more responsive?

Thanks!

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 10:47:55 pm »
Well, you should expect some delay between the network drives being reconnected, credentials checked, and possibly the remote drive being awaken.