Author Topic: FlexRAID trail forgets registration when computer is rebooted  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Zeddakis

• View Profile
FlexRAID trail forgets registration when computer is rebooted
« on: November 05, 2012, 05:24:53 am »
I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.10 and installed FlexRAID. I ran FlexRAID for the first time and requested my trail license which worked fine. I rebooted the computer and ran FlexRAID again and it came up to the screen where it asks me for a license or to request a trail license again. It is my first day using the program, so my trail license should still be active. I went ahead and requested a trail license again, but got a message back that failed which I expected since I already had gotten one. I would like to work with the program for a few days before making the decision to purchase it, but I can't now. Anyone else had this problem or know what could be causing it? I'm concerned without understanding why this is happening that if I purchase the program it will keep doing the same thing with regular license.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: FlexRAID trail forgets registration when computer is rebooted
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 10:03:54 am »
The trial license does have a few hiccups on some systems.
Are you in a virtual environment?

What error are you getting when if fails?
Note that in most cases, you should be able to request a new activation. So, the failure is unusual.

Offline Zeddakis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:31:15 pm »
Thanks for responding.

Are you in a virtual environment? - No

What error are you getting when if fails? - Well I rebooted the computer when I got home today and when I brought up the web interface it had the registration screen again, but I hit refresh a couple of times and that seemed to fix it. The log in screen loaded.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 05:55:21 pm »
Update 11 has improvements for the trial licensing feature.