Author Topic: null in /var/lib/flexraid - IOException[Read error] - fails to build array  (Read 4705 times)

Offline digknight

• View Profile
Re: null in /var/lib/flexraid - IOException[Read error] - fails to build array
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 10:46:58 am »
Nope, nothing in the trace level logs.. nada.. nothing ... no log rotation (as I said before) ... FlexRaid.sys.log was again growing out of all proportions. Crashes once a day and I have to restart the process. Can't even get my auto start flag to save, and still be on after I restart the process.

At this point I gave up, I installed mhddfs, took a few minutes   :-\. Setup the pooling and it seems to be performing ALLOT better. I had tried the two performance tweaks for AMD Fusion for FlexRaid and they did not help. I had thought it was me putting my drives to sleep that cause some other large load delays as well, turns out it was FlexRaid pooling on Linux.

I did get the snapshot raid working again without the pooling in expert mode. We'll see how that goes but so far no issues re-creating the array since last night when I kicked it off.

Overall, I'm not thrilled with the results of using FlexRaid on Linux over the last 8+ months. For a "for money" app it's been nothing but headaches on linux. Not sure this is ready for prime time there. I put HEAVY loads on things and it just doesn't seem to be up to it.

Maybe buyers remorse, but I'd like to get my money back for the pooling I paid for. I bought the full package I'd get something polished.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: null in /var/lib/flexraid - IOException[Read error] - fails to build array
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 08:21:00 pm »
FlexRaid.sys.log was again growing out of all proportions.
You can change the log level so that it logs less.