Author Topic: Snapshot gone  (Read 1662 times)

Offline ximoosea

• View Profile
Snapshot gone
« on: January 05, 2013, 04:49:10 am »
My flexRAID drive is still accessible and mapped and all data is fine, however, when I start the GUI interface it asks me for a login.  Previously, I had set a user id and password and also set it to login automatically.  Now when I enter my user id and password it tells me it is invalid.  I followed the instructions to reset the password by adding the reset.password.txt file in the installation directory.  Now when I login with a blank user id and password it does not have any configuration data although the flexRAID drive is currently functioning correctly.

How do I get the GUI configuration back?

Offline lrissman

• View Profile
Re: Snapshot gone
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:43:52 am »
Only a wild guess here -- are you logged in with the same windows user that you used to create the array?   I found that when I changed windows or flexraid user (the user flexraid uses to run as in the services) the gui configs disappeared -- not sure why though as this is a weird situtation, it was not worth it for me to debug.

Offline Junsas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:41:38 pm »
I am having the same problem. Config is gone, but Snapshot Pool is mounted ok and working. If i remember correctly i tried to create a user in order to disable the login. But i only got "wrong password" with the "change password" dialog and i gave up (how do i create an initial user?). Sometimes after that (next reboot? Didn't notice it at first because everything was working) my config was not visible anymore. Might be a coincidence...

I also searched for the FlexRAID-Config.db file. One "FlexRAID-Config.db" and one "FlexRAID-Config.db.bak" are located under "C:" and one copy of "FlexRAID-Config.db" is located under "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile". But the later one is smaller in size (40kb to 200KB) and the change date is from a few minutes ago. The file under "C:" was last changed on December 21st instead.

Oh, i also changed the license from raid only to raid+pooling (Trial -> raid only -> raid+pooling), because at first i didn't realise that i would need the pooling feature for cruise control. Raid+Pooling license was activated probably on the December 20. The DB file in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile" was created on the 22nd. Don't know if that has any significance.

Anybody able to help? :)

Cheers,
Junsas

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:59:58 am »
Stop the service and copy the older file over the newer file.

Offline Junsas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 07:57:25 pm »
Thank you, config is visible again! :)