Author Topic: Multiple PPU with RT mode  (Read 2087 times)

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
Multiple PPU with RT mode
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:04:21 am »
I have created a new Configuration with Cruise Control, selecting a Real-Time RAID.

It appears that a T1+ [RAID4] Engine has been used by default. I may therefore not add more than 1 PPU...
I didn't find any information on the wiki that confirm only 1 PPU may be defined when using RT  ?!
On the opposite, the wiki let me think that Tx+ should be supported in both mode.

There is this old thread http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php/topic,1526.0.html mentioning that multiple PPU should be supported with the stable version...

So, is there now within FlexRaid 2.0 u11 any way to use 2 PPU with RT mode ? I.e.: at least a T2+ engine...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:21:55 am by vletroye »

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
Re: Multiple PPU with RT mode
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:27:23 am »
Nobody to answer this  :-\ ?

Support for at least RAID 6 would be another big advantage of FR RT on MS Space Storage (=RAID 5)...

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:18:06 am »
This has been covered in many thread.
RT RAID is currently limited to 1 PPU.
Support for multiple PPUs is implemented, but not enabled yet.
Multi-PPU will be enabled once RT RAID is no longer experimental.

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 11:33:30 am »
 :-X my fault...

Paying attention, I can indeed see that info when moving the mouse toward to top of the WebUI...

Actually, I read a few posts on that topic but didn't notice that Real-Time was still experimental in FR 2.0 u11..
On the opposite, I read an old thread about "experimental to stable" where it was mentioned that "you would try to push it in build 11". Possibly talking about a fix instead of a release ?! Reason why I did ask a status here above...

[EDIT] :-[ I only read the first page of that thread... excuse: using a miniPC.. screen too small  ::)

No problem... Comparing each features of Space Storage with FlexRaid, I still prefer FlexRaid and will wait on the final release of the RT feature with a lot of impatience ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:42:18 am by vletroye »