Author Topic: running uTorrent causes "WriteToDisk: Access is denied"  (Read 1019 times)

Offline gwpt

• View Profile
running uTorrent causes "WriteToDisk: Access is denied"
« on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:41 pm »
Hi,
I've seen a few people on the forum have a similar issue but am unable to resolve it.
I set up a FlexRaid partition, with 2 * 2TB DRUs and 1 * 2TB PPU. Normal file copying etc seems fine.
When I try to run uTorrent with the download folder on the FlexRaid partition, It runs for a bit then, uTorrent report: "WriteToDisk: Access is denied."
I am running on Windows 7 with version 2.0u11 final of FlexRaid, I have included my 2 log files.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Guy

Offline b-earl

• View Profile
Re: running uTorrent causes "WriteToDisk: Access is denied"
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 03:09:05 am »
Hi gwpt,

If possible I would download on to a drive, must not be big, that is outside the pool. And then in the config off utorrent let it save the file after complete download to the pool.
Server HW: Chenbro RM41416 case | Supermicro X9SCM-F UEFI + 2x LSI SAS9211-8i with IT FW | Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 8 GB DDR3 ECC Ram
Server OS:   Windows Server 2012 (UEFI install) on 60 GB Vertex 3 ssd
Transparent RAID 1.0.0 2014.07.16
Mailserver: Windows Server 2008 R2 + Flexraid 2.0

Offline gwpt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 07:37:42 pm »
Hi b-earl,
Thanks for the response. I have seen this tip before and was hoping to solve the problem rather than just have a work around. Id like to understand what the problem is...

Offline scratchfury

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 12:25:06 pm »
In uTorrent, under Preferences -> Advanced -> Disk Cache, I did the override and put in 1024.  I'm running a 3.8MB/s transfer without issue.

Offline gwpt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 06:19:05 pm »
thanks scratchfury, ill give that a go! :)

Offline DrBlaze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 04:36:29 pm »
You'll be happy to know that the fix for this is fairly simple.  I had the problem for nearly six months until I changed the filesystem from FlexraidFS to NTFS (You'll probably need to restart the service) .

I dl everything to a temp disk first anyway, but sometimes I want to fix a file that has an error or two, so I need Utorrent to be able to write to the pool.

Offline gwpt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:43:40 am »
Ok, I'll give that a go! Sounds like a good idea.
I am actually, downloading to a 'normal' drive and then moving to the flex array. This isn't a problem for me.
Going to deal with my update error first though :)

Offline moose1207

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 09:31:17 pm »
Found this thread from a Google search and felt it needed a bump, I also have read the other threads on the forum and had not been successful in fixing this incredibly annoying error in Utorrent. I know this an old thread but I figured I'd post for others to see as well that doing a combination of changing Utorrent's cache to 1024 as well as changing the file system to "NTFS" does the trick. I didn't want to do as many other people suggested and "save it to a drive not in the pool" since I feel that it is just unnecessary work and confusion. Finally downloading 7MB/s with no more issues. Thanks!  ;D