Author Topic: restoration of the config.db configuration database- easiest method?  (Read 2991 times)

Offline markm75

• View Profile
I discovered the backup configuration database option in the settings.. this created the .bak file etc..

What is the best way to recover/restore the db when it is necessary?  I dont see a restore option, only a backup option in the interface?

For now I've tested just stopping the service, renaming the .bak to just .db and placing that file overtop the existing one and restarting the service.  This works for the most part.

Or is there a simpler method?

Thanks

Offline markm75

• View Profile
Re: restoration of the config.db configuration database- easiest method?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 01:24:44 pm »
I've also run into the issue, that after doing the "brute force" restore.. the drive letter for the raid array shows access denied.. (prompted for UAC, but this fails).. permissions look fine too.

The restoration occurred on a windows server 2012 partition, where the original was on windows 7.  If you do a "view contents" in the flexraid manager for drive letter z, the flexraid drive.. it shows contents fine, but in explorer it bombs on permissions.

I also noticed that drive Z shows only 3.88 TB total size.. this should be around 7.. all 3 drives in the array appear as healthy, though drive 2 and 3 report capacity of 246.55 GB for some reason (not the proper 3.64 TB or so).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:29:22 pm by markm75 »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: restoration of the config.db configuration database- easiest method?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:51:22 pm »
You are mixing issues in one thread.
This create confusions.

If you move a drive from on OS to another, you need to clean the NTFS permissions off the migrated drive.