Author Topic: 48 hours for license/registration info?  (Read 5368 times)

Offline vinnyvin

• View Profile
48 hours for license/registration info?
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »
First of all, I tried to email support but the site is current reporting "Mail server not found" when you use the Contact Us form. I purchased FlexRaid this morning and I wondered when I would receive the registration info? I'm not trying to be a troll but "allow 48 hours" for an extremely small market niche product seems a tad excessive. Though I find FlexRaid to be well designed and perfect for what I'm doing, I would like to recommend to the Developers/Developer that they try to streamline the registration process. Considering that FlexRaid is a solution for managing and protecting data, that almost certainly means that any user purchasing it needs access to that data as soon as possible. Having to wait for such an indeterminate period of time for something that might be very important is going to hurt FlexRaid's image as it gains traction with more users.

Thanks,

Vin

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 48 hours for license/registration info?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:12:06 pm »
The 48 hours is actually by design as it give the fraud protection engine enough time to resolve potential payment issues.

If you need to extend your trial while your order is processing, see this wiki post: http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/01/18/trial-license-extension-and-priority-order-processing/

Offline vinnyvin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:32:53 pm »
Well, that actually makes sense then. Thanks for the link and the reply.

Offline ionstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 12:03:31 am »
Gosh, I was just thinking the same thing today. Hope to get my key soon! :D

Offline clarenceb5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 11:45:40 am »
48 hours is ridiculous!

I just bought a sandwich from Subway and paid for it with my VISA and it didn't take 48 hours for them to process the transaction!

Offline BobPhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 02:17:41 pm »
48 hours is ridiculous!

I just bought a sandwich from Subway and paid for it with my VISA and it didn't take 48 hours for them to process the transaction!
When Brahim hires thousands of people and has implemented an infastructure like VISA to handle real time transactional processing you can be sure the time will drop accordingly.

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 03:30:43 pm »
48 hours is ridiculous!

Hope your system lasts longer than the sandwich.
---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.

Offline roirraWedorehT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 07:47:50 pm »
Yeah, what the heck is up with trying to compare buying a program online to going to Subway? LOL! It's much easier to commit fraud online than in person.

Gave me a laugh though! :-)

Offline tmobileguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 03:08:25 pm »
I purchased Flexraid also and think it is ridiculous to have to wait 48 hours as well... I went as far as disputing the payment through paypal because I thought there was something wrong after I paid and I hadn'to recieved it in an hour. I have since lifted the dispute but that was only after doing a bunch of searches and figuring out all this mess....Here's my take on it...

I understand about the 48 hour wait if it needed to curtail fraud, but you are upsetting your paying customers so here is what I would suggest...

Why don't you just have autoreply through paypal that says something like this:

"Registration can take up to 48 hours. In the meantime, if your trial period has expired, use this email address to recieve a trial extension code until you recieve your activation code... https://secure.flexraid.com/TrialExtension.html
You will need 3 things to activate this code:
1. Your method of payment (paypal, etc, etc)
2. Your paypal transaction code (which can be found on this page or by viewing the details of this transaction)
3. Your trial license code (which can be found if you try to activate another trial license on your expired trial license. It will give you an error, but it will display       "[trial license code _________________ has already been activated]"

You have given people the ability to continue on, but they have to search to find this info, I think if you just autoreplied that info...it would take care of this issue....

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 05:17:03 pm »
@tmobileguy
Great idea. However, PayPal does not allow the customization of the messages it sends.
What I will do is customize the order page to have the information.