Author Topic: FlexRAID 2.0 Public Beta for Windows is out  (Read 6724 times)

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline Slave to Reason

• View Profile
Re: FlexRAID 2.0 Public Beta for Windows is out
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 01:18:31 pm »
Thank you Brahim.

Firstly I would like to say that I am very impressed with FlexRAID as it is everything that I was looking for in a flexible RAID system. I have been playing with your latest public beta and I thought that the least I could do was provide feedback so here it is.

In the real time RAID I just could not get stability; whenever the storage pool was asked to move files or even to copy files it fell over and reported a null error or in some cases there was no error report at all, just no storage pool either. [I appreciate that the real time RAID is in early beta so no problem.]

The snapshot RAID seems to be totally solid so far and given the large store of data that I have that just does not move or change much, simply accrue, this is ideal.

If you are interested I am running the flexRAID system within a Virtualbox  64bit windows 7 environment with 6 fixed size virtual hard drives; 1x25GB sat on a WD velociraptor and 5x 2TB sat on a 2TB drive each. The 5x 2TB is of course for the data whilst the 25GB houses the OS and programs. The purpose of this is an ftp server using Filezilla server. The host machine is built around 10 hard drives, an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T slightly over-clocked to 3136MHz on an Asus board. I am ashamed to say that the host runs Windows 7 too as I could not get any flavours of Linux to install on the hardware.

It is the combination of virtualisation technologies that interests me. Your FlexRAID working with vBox lends itself to a high degree of redundancy and no system dependence. I don’t think that I need to spell out why this is good thing.

To conclude – we done Sir! You are doing a very impressive job.

Offline SlyNine

• View Profile
Re: FlexRAID 2.0 Public Beta for Windows is out
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 11:41:52 am »
Wow I come back after some time away and look how things have moved forward, Enjoy another donation Brahim! But you need to point me to a donation page , Don't see a link anywhere.
2600k Core I7@4.4gh(1.28 max Vcore with all power saving features enabled), 8GB Ram, 2x BluRay Drives, ZM850-HP 850W Continuous, 2x intel x25-m 120gb ssd Raid 0, 5870 Radeon 5x2TB HDDs.

200 Bluray to MKV (no reencoding plus HD Audio all done myself), 10,000 Lossless songs, 1,300 TVshows