Author Topic: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CryptoPP::InvalidCiphertext'  (Read 5190 times)

Offline juise

• View Profile
Hi,

I decided to setup FlexRAID on Linux. I have an AMD 3800+ X64 running ubuntu desktop 13.04 64 bit. I have the 32 libs, Java, and FUSE all installed.

I'm installing from /var/lib/flexraid to the default of /var/lib/flexraid/OpenEgg.org/FlexRAID-2.0

/var/lib/flexraid is chmod 755 and chown myuser:mygroup

The first time I ran the standard installer flexraid ran fine but the broswer died during the registration. I rebooted and now when I run flexraid I get this

julians@Teletran-1:/var/lib/flexraid/OpenEgg.org/FlexRAID-2.0$ ./FlexRAID &
[1] 3881
julians@Teletran-1:/var/lib/flexraid/OpenEgg.org/FlexRAID-2.0$ FlexRAID initialized successfully....
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CryptoPP::InvalidCiphertext'
  what():  RSA/OAEP-MGF1(Whirlpool): invalid ciphertext

[1]+  Aborted                 (core dumped) ./FlexRAID

At this point I tried unstalling & reinstalling, which gave no change. I then tried uninstalling and installing the alt build, ran with sudo and still receive the same error message.

At this point I can only assume that there are changes regarding the registration that are done outside of the install directory that are not removed by the Uninstaller, since the very first time I ran flexraid I was able to get it to start and now I can't even get that far.

I purchased the FlexRAID_RAID-F_Pool , Features: RAID-F + Storage Pooling license back in March of 2012

I hope I can get this resolved today since it's the only day I have time to play with it.

Thanks,
Julian

Offline juise

• View Profile
Read through some more post and found I needed to make a reset.activation.txt file in the flleraid install dir. It now starts!

Offline juise

• View Profile
Now I just need my lisence fixed as it rejects my current key. Brahim I sent you a PM with my key can you please send me a new one ASAP

Thanks,
Julian

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
1. Ubuntu 13 has not been tested and from many reports has issues with licensing.
You will need to revert to Ubuntu 12 till further updates.

2. Your particular issue is likely due to permission issues. Try the alternate Linux release.

Offline juise

• View Profile
As stated, I did try the alternate release.

Any idea as to when you might look into addressing this issue with 13.04? I've spent the better half of a week of my free time setting up apache, sendmail, samba, proftpd the way I want it. To scrap all of that for a licensing bug in FlexRAID is a tough pill to swallow.

Offline juise

• View Profile
Brahim is there any chance of a timed expiration build for Linux users having issues with the activation?

The current build of FlexRAID itself works on Ubuntu 13.04. I finally got everything working late last night. I just had to go and manually change ownership of a few files. I was able to get everything configured, spent 10 hours building parity, set up my pool & shares, and it all worked great. I had to reboot for something unrelated to FlexRAID and now I get the "License Exception: Is the feature you are trying to use licensed?" message.

Also are you sure everything is OK with my key? I am unable to login or create a login for the secure customer portal at secure.flexraid.com.

As a paying customer I would really appreciate a temporary way around these activation issues. Especially when activation is the only thing standing between me and using the product.

Thanks,
Julian

P.S.

I have tried both the standard and alt builds with the same result.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
@juice
Yes, FlexRAID itself works fine with the latest version of Ubuntu. However, they have changed a few things that is affecting activation.
Believe me, it is my true wish to simplify this thing. An activation system on Linux was a fun challenge, but now it is a pain in my behind. :(

I know of the urgency, but it was my plan to address the issue fully in the major revision of FlexRAID to come.
So,  please give me a few weeks.

Offline juise

• View Profile
So that's a no to a non-drm version to hold over users like me until the next release?

Offline mdmangus

• View Profile
Brahim,

I am getting the same issue reported in this thread.

You stated:
Yes, FlexRAID itself works fine with the latest version of Ubuntu. However, they have changed a few things that is affecting activation.
Believe me, it is my true wish to simplify this thing. An activation system on Linux was a fun challenge, but now it is a pain in my behind. :(

I know of the urgency, but it was my plan to address the issue fully in the major revision of FlexRAID to come.
So,  please give me a few weeks.

Are you still working on this and recommending users to install Ubuntu 12 at this time?

I wish I knew about this issue before I got everything practically setup.  Look forward to your response.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:03:04 pm by mdmangus »

Offline mdmangus

• View Profile
Brahim,

I've been trying all day to get this to work.  I can't get a trial request to be successful and even trying to just use my purchased license I initially used on my Windows 2008 R2 Server won't even go for it keeps giving me this error this thread is about.  I don't know where to being for it shows FlexRaid initialized successfully, but I can't get anywhere in the registration to give this a go on Ubuntu 13.04 or 12.04 64 BIT.

I've tried both your Linux versions (one being Alternate).

I attached my /tmp/FlexRaid.log.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
On 64 bit Linux, you have to make sure you have the proper dependencies as noted on the wiki: http://wiki.flexraid.com/2011/11/09/linux-error-lib-load-error-nativeio/

Offline mdmangus

• View Profile
Brahim,

There were some dependencies, but still had the issue.

I decided to start over one more time by doing a clean install.  After updating packages, dependencies, etc.

This time after I installed FlexRaid was able to request a trial.

I can now configure and try out FlexRaid on linux.

Hopefully I didn't mess up my license during this trial and error, but I guess I'll find that out pretty soon.

Thanks for your post and now I can move forward on evaluating if I want to permanently switch from Windows 2008 R2.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:21:13 pm by mdmangus »