Author Topic: Webui displays incorrect total when calculating parity data for the first time.  (Read 2044 times)

Offline monkeysez

• View Profile
I don't know if this is a bug or not. When calculating parity data for the first time, the webui states that I have 18TB of data, but in reality I have much less.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It is not incorrect.
It is displaying what it is processing which is not necessarily the size of your array.

Offline monkeysez

• View Profile
I see I see. Maybe add a tool-tip clarifying what the numbers mean in the future.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I would agree. I was going to add the tooltip too after your comment.
Unfortunately, that UI piece is a  bit generic and a tooltip there might through people off when in a different task context.

So, we will just document this.
The total represented when Creating or Verifying parity is the total effective I/O being processed and is not representative of the size of the array.

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
I have already suggested a more analytic progress report.
Showing position in the disks and clarifying what that total is (a bar that goes beyond the size of smaller disks)...
---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have already suggested a more analytic progress report.
Showing position in the disks and clarifying what that total is (a bar that goes beyond the size of smaller disks)...

Sounds good. Now, get to coding it. :)