Author Topic: Physical Disk registration issues  (Read 1104 times)

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
Physical Disk registration issues
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:42:21 am »
Hi,

I did try the "Registration" feature using IE and have experienced really weird issues.
I am testing in a VM (VMWare)

Many issues started to occur after I registered the System disk for stupid testing purpose. I was not prevented to do so... And for sure, I immediately lost my Desktop, Start Menu, etc...

After deleting the System disk from "Registered Disks and Volumes", I was not able to run "Windows File Explorer" anymore. Actually, I was not able to run anything anymore on the Server (Like the Win2012 Dashboard, Administrative tools, ...). My understanding is that the disk was still offline, right ? So I did restart the server and everything went back fine, but to be able to register the System Disk without "warnings" can be a major issue for dummies  :-\ Also, when it is unregistered it should come back to life (from the OS perspective). I can imagine that people rebooting BEFORE deleting the System Disk from the "Registered Disks and Volumes" will be in big troubles.

After registering the System Disk, many operations start to fail, like registering a disk that was just unregistered, etc...

Improvements:
 - could you sort the "Registered Disks and Volumes" by name ?
 - could you also sort the UoR by name in the list displayed when addind Unit of Risk in a Raid Configuration ?

V.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:46:40 am by vletroye »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Physical Disk registration issues
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 07:32:55 am »
Fixed for the next build.
Also, done on the sorting.

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31:16 am »
Great !!!

How do you communicate on the release of a 'new RC' including such fixes ?

Anyway, I leave for holidays in less than 2 hours and my wife is pushing (yelling at) me to prepare the luggage's...
So, it sounds like I won't be able to try a new release before next week  :'(

V.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:04:30 pm »
The new release will be next weekend.