Author Topic: RAID not showing up  (Read 1625 times)

Offline polo2883

• View Profile
RAID not showing up
« on: July 11, 2013, 08:01:58 pm »
So I added a drive to the RAID and now the RAID drive will not show up in windows 2012 server.  The system shows that the NZFS SAS Devices are all online.

I have restarted the system and also started and restarted the RAID and still can't get the RAID to show up.

Offline polo2883

• View Profile
Re: RAID not showing up
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »
It just randomly showed up after I tried a Verify and the verify failed.  Now I am running a verify sync.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:25:07 pm »
You need to be more clear on what "won't show up" means.
Screenshots are usually helpful. Include screenshots of your Windows disk manager too.

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 05:30:52 am »
Yeah this is easily one of the vaguest reports I've seen in a long time.

:D
---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.

Offline polo2883

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 06:24:53 am »
Wish I had thought of that before it resolved.

What I meant was after adding another DRU to the existing tRAID I selected the option to format and add while the RAID was still live.

Once the drive was formated I stopped the RAID and restarted it.  At that point when I go to my computer the V:\ drive which is my RAID drive did not show up.  When I looked at disk manager it showed that the NZFS SAS devices were all online.  I restarted the system once and the RAID couple times and it didnt resolve.  But when I did a verify on the tRAID after starting it, the V:\ drive showed back up under my computer. 

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 06:34:19 am »
@polo2883
You will still need to go to the Windows disk manager to initialize and format the newly added disk.
Do that on the mounted transparent disk.

Offline polo2883

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 08:36:13 am »
I did initialize and format the disk in disk manager.  I was able to add the disk to tRAID.  But at this time its not important since I upgraded to RC2r2 and now nothing will show up.