Author Topic: Add support to Bulk "Add Unit of Risk"  (Read 1390 times)

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
Add support to Bulk "Add Unit of Risk"
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:14:29 am »
Just like we already have a Bulk "Registration" of the Physical Drives, I would love a Bulk feature to "Add Unit of Risk" in a Configuration.

This feature would display all the "Registered Disks and Volumes" and let us "Add" them as "Data" or "Parity" drive (choice via a combo) in the currently selected "RAID Configurations".

In the combo where we would have the choice between "Data" and "Parity", I would also add "Not Used" as a default value.
For Disks already added in the "RAID Configuration", replacing their current type (Data/Parity) with "Not Used", would remove them from the Configuration.

Finally, the Bulk interface would also let us type how many "PlaceHolders" we want to add.

V.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Add support to Bulk "Add Unit of Risk"
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:44:54 am »
Agreed and planned.

The way I plan it is for users to have a grid like "bulk registration" with a label field and a drop down to specify whether data or parity.
The the chosen disks will get automatically registered if need be.

I like the idea of also allowing the configuration of placeholders.

So, right-click on "RAID Configurations" -> "New express Transparent RAID configuration" => The new panel.

This is low priority only because I like how users currently get to understand the whole disk registration process and how it plays in the RAID configuration.

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
Re: Add support to Bulk "Add Unit of Risk"
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:54:06 am »
Thx.

Agree also on the low priority as this is going to be used only two or three times maximum per user to setup their final config.
But it will help a lot users with very large array. And reading the other posts in FlexRaid forum, it appears to me you actually have many such customers.

V.