Author Topic: [Done] Delete an array but not the RAID configuration  (Read 1203 times)

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
[Done] Delete an array but not the RAID configuration
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:57:24 am »
In the "Configuration" tab of a "RAID Configuration", possibly in the "Advanced Operations", I am missing a menu to "delete an array but not the whole RAID configuration".

Let me explain:

- I have added 20 disks as data drives in my RAID Configuration as well as 2 Parity Drives
- I have next created the RAID Parity
- and... too late... I have noticed that I forgot to add 4 placeholders  >:(

As one can't "undo" the creation of the RAID Parity ('abort' is also not an helpful), the only way to add placeholders is to delete the whole RAID configuration, create a new one and add again the 22 disks in an array  :'(

As an alternative to adding such a feature in the "Advanced Operation", it could be a "Reset" button next to the "Re-Create" ?!

V.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:26:10 pm by vletroye »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Delete an array but not the RAID configuration
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:23:18 pm »
Done. :)

Made it part of the configuration override menu. I.e., it is available when configuration override is enabled.
Look for it in the RC5.

Also, added menus to delete all unused registered disks and unused registered volume.

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
Re: Delete an array but not the RAID configuration
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 01:29:31 pm »
Great!

It will help a lot users who want to add physical disks (and recompute Parity) without recreating the whole RAID configuration.
=> only 10 sec. now to add a new drive  8) (but still hours to recompute parity  ;D )

V.