Author Topic: BitTorrent Sync  (Read 1541 times)

Offline FordTractor

• View Profile
BitTorrent Sync
« on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:19 pm »
Great Product! I've been playing with FlexRaid for about a week and have a question. 

I've searched the forums here and at BitTorrent Sync and searched the Wiki and didn't see any direct experiences so I'll ask. Sorry if I'm posting something that has already been covered.

My son and I have both built servers and plan to use flexRaid in SnapShot mode to protect the different family members photos, home movies and other digital material. The two servers will reside about 20 miles apart (his house and mine) and will form cloud storage for the other family members. He and I have both set up Win 7 Pro systems with Snapshot flexRaid and we plan to use BitTorrent Sync to keep the two systems in sync.

My question - has anyone used BitTorrent Sync with flexRaid? BitTorrent Sync indexes the files prior to transfer and I'm concerned about these indices (and other files) changing on a regular basis which would interfere with flexRaid. 

Any thoughts and experiences would be welcome for this new user.

Offline liq456

• View Profile
Re: BitTorrent Sync
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:43:10 pm »
I've used it for a while to back up my pictures to multiple computers and has worked fine, no issues with snapshot or realtime.

Offline SirMaster

• View Profile
Re: BitTorrent Sync
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 09:48:47 pm »
Heh, same deal for me.  I'm currently runnign bittorrent sync syncing pictures from my parents home PC directly to my FlexRAID pool with no issues.