Author Topic: Folder Modified Date inconsistent  (Read 2330 times)

Offline AjS

• View Profile
Folder Modified Date inconsistent
« on: August 12, 2013, 11:57:07 pm »
I've noticed that some folders that have files added to them don't reflect the newest file date.  They do on some folders, but not all.

I have a folder "TV" with folders within it such as "ANCIENT ALIENS" etc.  I sort the folder according to modified date to make it easier to see what's new.   Some folders have a modified date different from the newest file within them.

V2 11e, Cruise Control Snapshot.

Is it possible because "TV" is spread out over several drives it's only reporting the date from one of them for modified dates?

Offline DrBlaze

• View Profile
Re: Folder Modified Date inconsistent
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:04:33 pm »

Offline AjS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:44:53 pm »
Ok thanks.  For Directory Opus users it's an easy fix, just make a "lister" for flat view, no folders, and sort by modified and it works even better as you don't have to navigate folders. 

That said, hope it gets fixed, kind of an important feature for a lot of things.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:32:58 pm »
Test whether the issue exits in Transparent RAID.
Rather than fixing individual things in RAID-F pooling, the plan is to port the pooling from tRAID to RAID-F.

Offline brent112

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 12:39:51 pm »
I am having the same issue as well with Raid-F, my media server relies on the modified date of the parent folder. If the modified date has not changed it will not scan the folder. I found an option in the GUI to enable "Directory Changed Date Fix" which i did, however it still happens. Is there a better fix for this?

Offline AjS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 01:37:14 pm »
It doesn't work for me either...I see files spread over 3 DRUs...looks like it might be getting 2 right.

Offline rxp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 08:12:54 am »
Brahim, any news on this issue? Been a while since the pooling features have been addressed. If it works in tRaid can we expect a patch?

I'm having this issue - frustrating because Partial scans with Plex won't work properly as it cannot detect them. It also means that Plex constantly keeps waking all my disks for scans. Stablebit DrivePool doesn't have this problem.

Someone has written a script for NZBToMedia that updates the Show Name folder - that's a good work around but only if you use Sickbeard (http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1565&p=11439#p11439)

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 05:04:59 pm »
There won't be a patch for RAID-F till its next major release, which will be in a few months.