Author Topic: Re: Aborted tasks  (Read 1637 times)

Offline charlton81

• View Profile
Re: Aborted tasks
« on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:17 am »
A quick question about aborted tasks.
I aborted a verify task but I'm unable to delete it under the [Tasks] folder in the Host Explorer. When I try to delete it says the task was not completed and a progress bar appears saying [Executing the requested action], as if it's resuming the task, and it just hangs there. If I start a new task of the same kind, in this case a verify task, it creates and starts a whole new task and task entry.

I guess the question is are the tasks in the folder like permanent logs? ...However, I was able to delete the tasks that were not aborted.

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 01:09:42 pm »
Using RC3, I did try to reproduce your issue..

I did start a new RAID configuration and choose to Initialize the array.
Then, I did abort the initialization.
And Finally, I did delete the task..

No problem ?!

Possibly, refresh the Tasks list before trying to delete the task...

V.

Offline charlton81

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 02:53:19 pm »
Maybe something corrupted with my config. In my scenario I did refresh and the status icons for the tasks changed. But, I still was unable to delete. Perhaps its only with verify tasks?

Thanks for the prompt reply by the way.

Offline monkeysez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 03:04:08 pm »
A quick question about aborted tasks.
I aborted a verify task but I'm unable to delete it under the [Tasks] folder in the Host Explorer. When I try to delete it says the task was not completed and a progress bar appears saying [Executing the requested action], as if it's resuming the task, and it just hangs there. If I start a new task of the same kind, in this case a verify task, it creates and starts a whole new task and task entry.

I guess the question is are the tasks in the folder like permanent logs? ...However, I was able to delete the tasks that were not aborted.

Are you on RC3? Orphaned tasks not being able to be deleted were a problem on RC1.

Offline charlton81

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:19:09 am »
Right you are. Thanks.

I did an update and now it works. However, I cannot remove the older tasks, only the newer ones that I created since the update.

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 02:42:33 am »
Right you are. Thanks.

I did an update and now it works. However, I cannot remove the older tasks, only the newer ones that I created since the update.

I'm having similar issue, I am on RC4 and my aborted task was an Expand task, I have since completed the same Expand task with no problems but I can't remove the aborted task and I think this is stopping me from now doing anything with the raid.. I am also unsure how to update to a newer RC safely and can't see anything in the Wiki for this?