Author Topic: All Raid options are greyed out  (Read 5601 times)

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
All Raid options are greyed out
« on: August 31, 2013, 04:55:00 am »
Hi Please help, I am wanting to use tRaid with a view to move away from UnRaid.

I have it all setup as per the Wiki, but after doing an 'expand' to add an additional drive which has 3tb of data (which took 10+ days) all Raid options are greyed out. I have tried rebooting the server.

I have attached screenshot showing the setup and version etc:

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
Re: All Raid options are greyed out
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »
no one is able to help? Is there any extra info that I can give which will be useful? Is there any support at flexraid?

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 01:53:55 pm »
It appears to me that a task is running.
Look in the task tree to see what's running.

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:32:32 am »
It appears to me that a task is running.
Look in the task tree to see what's running.

Thanks Brahim,

There were 2 Expand tasks, one completed with no issues, the other one I can't delete because it says 'Task not yet complete, delete denied'.

Even after reboot I can't clear it, anyone have an idea how to clear the hung expand job?

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 06:26:42 am »
Make sure you are on the latest build.

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 09:50:09 am »
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm having trouble finding any information on how to upgrade from RC4 to the latest RC7. Nothing in the wiki. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Offline Biggen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 06:02:01 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm having trouble finding any information on how to upgrade from RC4 to the latest RC7. Nothing in the wiki. Can you point me in the right direction please?

I'm new to FlexRaid but I ran across this in my travels the last couple of weeks going through the Wiki: http://wiki.flexraid.com/2012/03/28/howto-upgrade-your-flexraid-installation-to-a-new-release/

Offline roirraWedorehT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 08:07:05 pm »
Somewhere in the WIKI it says to reboot, uninstall client, I reboot again then uninstall host (remember to run uninstall as Admin) then reboot again.

Then install new host as Admin, reboot, install client, reboot, and that's it to upgrade.

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 02:29:28 am »
Let me tell you a secret...
I never did a reboot between host and client (when uninstalling them and when installing them). Only after uninstalling both and after installing both.

I stop services before uninstall though.
AND NOTE THIS: Stopping host doesn't stop it directly (it first does the laundry). So to be sure, check when process NTFSB.exe dies (do NOT kill it).
---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 06:13:26 am »
Ok thanks all,

I have now updated to RC7 but the same issue remains, all Raid options are greyed out, the same orphan task is there and I can not delete it, still same message 'Task is not completed, delete denied'.

I rebooted the server, un-installed RC4 host and client, ended the service, rebooted, installed the RC7 Host and Client

Any more ideas? gut feeling is that the orphan task is stopping raid options but how to remove the task?

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 06:28:59 am »
Would you recreate the parity from scratch?
(or actually recreate the whole config?)

Is this a problem for you?
---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 07:24:05 am »
Would you recreate the parity from scratch?
(or actually recreate the whole config?)

Is this a problem for you?

It would be a major pain in the rear end to have to do that but as long as my current data is safe then I could do, however it is very concerning and I would prefer to know the cause plus it has taken me 2 weeks of processing time to create the parity and then expand an additional 3TB drive.

If it really is just the orphan process stopping the raid from being used; then I would hope there is a less drastic solution. I would also hope that as tRaid is due to be a cost product something like what has happened to mine would be a concern.

Any additional ideas are welcome?

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 08:23:14 am »
I would also prefer to find the solution instead of ignore it and start over.
Brahim?
---
NLS

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 08:23:54 am »
BTW I assume you have double clicked the task, opened the task window and clicked abort right?
---
NLS

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 10:01:36 am »
@baggs1981
It should only take you hours to create the parity. Specially, if you use the Verify & Sync option.

As per the release thread, you were supposed to delete the configuration DB when upgrading from RC4 and start from scratch.