Author Topic: All Raid options are greyed out  (Read 5596 times)

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
Re: All Raid options are greyed out
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 08:38:36 am »
@baggs1981
It should only take you hours to create the parity. Specially, if you use the Verify & Sync option.

As per the release thread, you were supposed to delete the configuration DB when upgrading from RC4 and start from scratch.

Thanks Brahim, are you referring to this: http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php/topic,2591.0.html Which says "All users running builds prior to RC4 are required to delete their configuration DB"?

I guess from your response that the answer is to just delete everything and start again with RC7?

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 10:37:41 am »
Ok so new problem.

I have rebooted, un-installed client and host, reboot, delete DB files, reboot, install RC7 client and host, reboot. I'm now just trying to register my disks within tRaid. Registered the Parity disk no problem BUT all my 4 data disks are shown in flexraid as RAW but they are not, all 4 drives have volumes (2 of them even have a load of data on). But even after multiple reboots tRaid still classes them as Raw. Please see images below.. any ideas as it will not allow me to register them!!

http://www.struo.com/images/disks.jpg

http://www.struo.com/images/traid_disks.jpg

(Please note that RC4 did register the exact same drives fine).

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 11:29:52 am »
Yes you forgot to bring the disks back online.

BTW the reboot after the DB delete was useless.
---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.

Offline baggs1981

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 12:16:01 pm »
DOH!!  :-\
thank you

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 10:51:17 pm »
Actually, there was no need to bring the disks online.
You should have registered the disks regardless of whether they were reported as RAW or not.
Offline disks will report as RAW, but they can still be registered as passthrough and be valid as DRU.

Offline NLS

• Global Moderator
  • Look ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
    • iLogic
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 03:45:11 am »
True. But seeing the volumes always serves me better as I see the info I need to be sure I add the correct disks and with the correct labels (since there is no automatic default for the labels).
---
NLS
Production system: SBS2011 fully patched, intel Core2 Quad, 8GB, 12 disks (1 system IDE, 1 backup IDE, 10 for array and parity most SATA3), parity is 3TB, largest data disk is 3TB, millions of smaller files, common browser Chrome latest.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 09:27:32 am »
Yeah, I can agree with you.
The technical challenge I have is that they is no way to query the volumes on an offline disk.
It certainly would have been more informative and less confusing to have the volume info.

There was a discussion in the past to show offline statuses in the tree. When I get to take care of that, I will look into what can be done for the bulk configuration panel.