Author Topic: Set focus on first field  (Read 1573 times)

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
Set focus on first field
« on: October 27, 2013, 01:09:43 pm »
Suggestion valid for any popup window... but especially for the one I am using now: the "Add Unit of Risk" popup.

In order to enter this first field of that popup (the UoR combobox), I have to click 11 times on 'tab' :(

11 x 10 disks => 110 times  >:( for a keyboard addicts, it's close to the suicide  :'(

I know this won't be the most used feature once the array is up and running... and that you don't want to spent time now on features that would only improve testers' user-experience... but still... I think is a valid suggestion for long term.

;)

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Set focus on first field
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 01:56:22 pm »
That's not the experience I am getting. Just one tab gets me to the first field.
Which browser are you on?

By design the pop-up window gets the focus. So, just one tab selects the first field within that window.

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:46:44 pm »
I am using Chrome, the latest version (uptodate).

I click on "Add a Unit of Risk", then press 11 times "Tab", select the first UoR in the list with the arrows, press 'Tab", select 'Data', press 'Tab', press 'Enter' and then I click again on "Add a Unit of Risk" (the mouse being still on the button, I use the left button of my touchpad). Next, again 11 times 'Tab', etc...

This is new as I never had such an issue in the past. But I was mainly using IE before RC10...

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 06:34:14 pm »
Yeah, updated and it is looking like a Chrome bug.

Offline vletroye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 01:11:28 pm »
updated

You don't mean that it's fixed, do you ? (I did install the RC11r2 and it's still there)

Can you reproduce it ? As far as Chrome is prefered on IE because this one has other issues, I hope you can do something...

http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php/topic,2824.msg19304.html#msg19304
Chrome and Firefox are recommended browser.
IE will work fine except for a few non-functional quirks like the one you are presenting.

V.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »
Not fixed. It is a new issue that Chrome will have to fix. :(
Specially considering it was working fine in Chrome before.

IE and FF behave fine. It can be a goose chase trying to fix each browser quirks. My approach is to let the browsers fix those issues themselves.