Author Topic: Accidentally removed windows drive letter from PPU drive  (Read 1033 times)

Offline lloydct

• View Profile
Accidentally removed windows drive letter from PPU drive
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:29:53 am »
I was adding a new DRU drive and chose the PPU drive by accident in windows disk management and removed it's drive letter, then reassigned the drive letter to G:  It was e:

I realized my mistake when the parity drive in the cruise control window came up missing. with an exclamation near the drive letter.

This occured while the storage pool was on.

I shut the pool down, and attempted to change the drive letter back to e: and was not succesful.

I added the new DRU drive to the pool, then tried to update the pool and this error came up:

[2013-11-14 10:17:59,895] ERROR: [fast-expansion] error: FileNotFoundException[C:\FlexRAID-Managed-Pool\class1_0\{1d4f859e-11af-427d-ab71-875f1926d468}\flxr.meta]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\FlexRAID-Managed-Pool\class1_0\{1d4f859e-11af-427d-ab71-875f1926d468}\flxr.meta
   at java.lang.Void.<unknown>(Unknown Source)

What do i need to do to restore the PPU drive?  It won't let me hit the restore/swap button saying there are pending RAID operation detected and to hit the update button.  the update button is grayed out.