Author Topic: Support for OpenMediaVault  (Read 55662 times)

Offline R27

• View Profile
Re: Support for OpenMediaVault
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2012, 01:13:16 pm »
Flaca and beut you can pm me your emails and I'll send you guide. If it will work for u we will share it with others.

Offline flaca

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2012, 01:23:48 pm »
PMd

I hope to test this weekend.

Offline flaca

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2012, 02:13:35 am »
I thought I'd post a quick update.

Thanks to R27 for the guide. I'm slowly working through it. I've passed some minor comments directly to him.

The reason for posting here is that I have a couple of issues, as follows:

Registration
When I try Register Online or Download Pre-registration Info using the purchase code and password from my "Your FlexRAID Purchase Code" email, I get a pop-up in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen that says "com.google.....StatusCodeException 0"

Beut I think you had this error too but I don't know the resolution

Flexraid exits unexpectedly
After a few minutes Flexraid exits with the following message:

JET RUNTIME HAS DETECTED UNRECOVERABLE ERROR #17 (system exception).
Please, contact the vendor of the application.
Extra information about error is saved in the "jet_err_29552.txt" file.

I don't know whether the second error has anything to do with the first?

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Scott

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2012, 05:21:13 am »
@flaca

1. Make sure you are using the latest build.
2. Start with a clean DB and re-activate online in case the old activation is giving you issues

Offline beut

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2012, 06:25:37 am »
@R27:

I'm just coming back from travel.
I've sent you my mail adress.

Thanks a lot for all the job done.
I will test it this week end and send feedback.

Thanks to Brahim and Flaca too.
Lian Li PC-Q25 | Intel DQ64 MB | i5 2400s | 8 Gb RAM | 1 SSD for OMV | 6 x 2Tb HDD with FlexRAID

Offline flaca

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2012, 08:27:19 am »
Thanks Brahim,

Answers to your points:
1. Yes I have the latest build (7r2)
2. this is a new install so I guess I have a clean database? I'm not sure how to reactivate online

One dumb noob thing to check, what is the Sudo Password? I've been entering my Registration/Import passcode and for the heck of it I tried my root password too. Same result with both passwords using Register Online and Download Pre-registration Info - i.e. the error box in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen

Help please!

cheers,
scott

Offline R27

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2012, 09:24:27 am »
Thanks Brahim,

Answers to your points:
1. Yes I have the latest build (7r2)
2. this is a new install so I guess I have a clean database? I'm not sure how to reactivate online

One dumb noob thing to check, what is the Sudo Password? I've been entering my Registration/Import passcode and for the heck of it I tried my root password too. Same result with both passwords using Register Online and Download Pre-registration Info - i.e. the error box in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen

Help please!

cheers,
scott

Scott,
If you don't know what is Sudo pass, then you definitely need an assistant. Check your email and let's setup online session, I'll help you if you want.

Offline flaca

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2012, 12:22:10 pm »
Ok, after excellent technical support from R27 we now think that my registration issue is due to the fact that somehow I have a 32-bit OS installed on a 64-bit architecture, and that there is some strange Java error that is occurring every time I try and register FR. The error is JET RUNTIME HAS DETECTED UNRECOVERABLE ERROR #17 (system exception).

R27 will explain further no doubt.

Unless there is a quick answer, I will reinstall OMV and hopefully get a 64-bit install - which to be honest I would prefer anyway.

So watch this space, it might take a couple of weeks until I can get time to rebuild the server...

IMPORTANT EDIT: Just noticed that this appears to be the error quoted here http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php/topic,768.0.html - the issue is that I can't go to System Control Panel -> Reset Activation because I can't get past the Registration page in FR, as it's a brand new install. And I can't see a way to register online (either through FR or through the FrontOffice). Any thoughts Brahim or anyone else?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:46:24 pm by flaca »

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2012, 02:24:25 am »
I doubt it is a case of having a 32bit OS on a 64 bit CPU.
To be frank, I have no idea.  :-[

Are you able to use the trial?
I would say, uninstall everything, delete the DB, and give it another shot starting from scratch.
If that still fails, we might have to schedule a remote session.

Big thanks to R27 for helping you out.

Offline flaca

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2012, 04:16:45 am »
Thanks Brahim - yes thanks to R27, and remember I'm the most dangerous kind of person, someone will a little bit of knowledge, just enough to cause problems  ;D

If I request a trial I get "Trial request pre-registration failure!"

Yes I can start with a completely clean build. Couple of weeks probably when I get a Sat morning to myself.

Something to note is that I have an existing RAID6 array, which I will delete once FR is properly installed. I don't know whether FR is somehow picking up the fact that the array exists, but I wouldn't have thought so...doesn't make sense

Cheers,
Scott

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2012, 12:12:04 pm »
If I request a trial I get "Trial request pre-registration failure!"
More likely than not, either your user account is not in the sudoer list or you are entering the wrong sudo password.
You might want to Google a bit to understand what sudo is in Linux.

Offline flaca

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2012, 02:14:10 am »
Thanks Brahim,

I did think of that and I took a quick look in /etc/sudoers - I couldn't see anything meaningful. To my knowledge, I have not set up any other users, and this is a vanilla OMV installation so I maybe mistakenly assumed that the root password would be the same as the sudo password.

I've googled and despite being reasonably good at interpreting things, I can't work out what an alternative password could be.

I did see http://wiki.flexraid.com/2012/04/30/installing-flexraid-on-openmediavault-omv/ but I think that was @beut's guide, which he said was not correct, so I've been following R27's guide. It's worth noting that I can't set the sudo password in the FR GUI, because I can't get past the registration screen.

So please feel free to tell me if I am I being thick here? I've no idea what the sudo password could be if it's not the same as the root password. Obviously I can use sudo as root.

Cheers!
Scott

Offline R27

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2012, 06:44:29 am »
flaca

type in terminal - passwd root - you will see new password request, type and hit enter. That will be your sudo pass. But I don't think that is an issue here.

Offline flaca

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2012, 06:55:19 am »
Hi, thanks R27

I just tried passwd root, successfully changed the password, same error in FR GUI and terminal window. The two errors do seem to be  related (which you probably knew anyway). I can repeatedly cause the JET error when I try to register,  whichever method I use.

Cheers,
Scott

Offline beut

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2012, 10:41:04 am »
Hi everyone  ;)

Special thanks to R27 for all the EXCELLENT job done for the tutorial on installing FlexRAID on OMV.
Seems to work for me in a virtualbox without any issue.

Just perfect  ;D!
Lian Li PC-Q25 | Intel DQ64 MB | i5 2400s | 8 Gb RAM | 1 SSD for OMV | 6 x 2Tb HDD with FlexRAID