Author Topic: Hardware Error when running Update  (Read 764 times)

Offline AncientWisdom

• View Profile
Hardware Error when running Update
« on: November 30, 2013, 11:03:50 am »
Hi guys,

I have lost access to the configuration of my snapshot RAID and recently managed to get it back. I have to assume that although the RAID was running, parity was not kept updated. When trying to run Update it fails with the following:
An exception has occurred!
See logs for full message.
Error message: Invalid state - Unexpected EOF on C:\FlexRAID-Managed-Pool\class1_0\{cc87b9b8-3ed4-11e2-970d-806e6f6e6963}\{some_file_path}
WARNING: Memory leak detected on native buffers! Leaks count = 1 out of 39

I have read of other similar issues with the EOF error (usually a hardware issue with one of the drives) but am not sure what the memory leak message refers to?
To try and circumvent (temporarily) the EOF error, I've set "Retry read errors" and "Ignore read errors" properties to true. However re-trying to run the Update still fails with the same error (on the same file). Why is the Ignore read errors not working? or is it failing because of the second memory leak error?

I can re-create parity but most likely will have the same read error again so not sure if worth it... also if I have an issue on the drive not sure deleting my parity at this stage is the best option!  :o

Other relevant info -
Looking at event viewer I found the following entry:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort2.
Source: atapi
Event: 11

Also important to mention the drive that is having the issue is about to be replaced by a bigger drive. I just wanted the parity up to date before doing the swap.

Not sure what other info can help resolve the issue? I've attached some logs, let me know what else can help.

Thanks!