Author Topic: Raid over file system best practice  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Airbander

• View Profile
Raid over file system best practice
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:15:39 am »
Hello

So i am testing Raid over file system Raid F and tRaid on 2 different computers but my main system has Raid F and it is great it just works and i love the pool and parity.

Here is my Scenario:
I have few software that i use and they store files on one of my 2TB drives at same time that 2TB have a lot of files that are important pictures and data and so on.

now all my drives are in Raid F and part of the parity protections so that kinda of good as everything is protected and on top of that when i move files from one drive to another drive in same pool it takes few seconds to move a large file i kinda love it

Some of the software i use are:
sabnzbd
sickbeard
couchpotato
headphones
Media Center master
Media Browser3
Plex
XBMC
Google drive
iTunes
ect

But here is my issue:
So when Sabnzbd download the files it goes to my 2TB drive first under a folder called Downloads
after that i manually move the files to my rest of the drive in same pool like tv show , Movies , Mix media , and so on

Some of the original files need to be deleted from 2TB drive as the are extra and i dont need them

so now you guys have an idea of what is going on here , can someone advise me what is the best practice to do this as i run into issue with Parity rebuild or update as data are changing every day few times

Thank you very much

Offline Airbander

• View Profile
Re: Raid over file system best practice
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:34:07 am »
Hello

here is the video show the process and all the other info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SxYtz4wMEA

Thanks

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:40:52 am »
As explained in your other thread, there is no issue there.
You won't be able to understand how all works all at once. However, keep reading the forum and the wiki and you will understand more.

Offline Airbander

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 12:19:02 pm »
Hello

Thanks