Author Topic: Users with out of memory error, please report here.  (Read 10735 times)

Offline scottbilas

• View Profile
Re: Users with out of memory error, please report here.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 04:24:26 pm »
I wanted to gather more data before replying, but results so far are very good. I've run multiple full disk scans and the memory usage has stayed around 100-300MB. The leak appears to have been resolved. Thank you for the fast response in this fix. I will report back if I see any more issues.

pmcelreavy: try turning off the "hide protected operating system files" option in Windows to see w_class1_0.dl.

Offline pmcelreavy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 04:28:04 pm »
Yeah, I feel like an idiot for forgetting the system files. In Explorer I always enable "View Hidden Files" but never "View System Files". When I went by command line (dir *.* /ahs) I saw it. So I've replaced it and will report back later.

Offline Tsunamijhoe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2014, 03:09:48 pm »
Hmm,i do not have a file named that,and i do run raid-f,so is it specific to the test version you had us install? I uninstalled the test versions and went back to the regular update 12 version. And yes i did enable the view hidden files and it still doesnt show up on my system
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:18:21 pm by Tsunamijhoe »

Offline pmcelreavy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 09:04:03 am »
You also have to uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". That was my mistake.

Offline pmcelreavy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2014, 09:07:08 am »
As for the crashing, it has been 4-5 days and it has not crashed. My backup software (Carbonite) has been running, my PCs have been backing up to that machine and I've been streaming videos and music without a problem. With version 12(b) it would crash within hours.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2014, 09:50:31 am »
As for the crashing, it has been 4-5 days and it has not crashed. My backup software (Carbonite) has been running, my PCs have been backing up to that machine and I've been streaming videos and music without a problem. With version 12(b) it would crash within hours.
Great thanks for the update.

The patch is included in version 2.0 Update 12c. So, all users affected to update to the latest official release.

Offline Tsunamijhoe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 12:42:36 pm »
Great thanks for the update.

The patch is included in version 2.0 Update 12c. So, all users affected to update to the latest official release.

OK,so it doesnt matter if i have the file or not,as long as i upgrade to 12c? No matter what setting i use i cannot see that file mentioned in this thread though

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 02:03:06 pm »
OK,so it doesnt matter if i have the file or not,as long as i upgrade to 12c? No matter what setting i use i cannot see that file mentioned in this thread though

Just upgrade to the latest release. No need for any patch.

Offline Tsunamijhoe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 07:16:31 pm »
OK, so after i installed the new version,i had my system idle for about 6 hours,then i started a update,and nothing happened. I had to force close flexraid.exe and start it again to get it to update.

I am gonna try tomorrow after this update is done,see if i can run a verify or if it will hang again. Also memory use started at about 180.000kb and ended on 1.2GB after 6hrs idle, not sure if this constitutes a fix, but again i will know more tomorrow when system has been running longer,see if memory use is stabilizing at 1.2GB.

How much memory use have others reported on the new build? And how much is "normal" usage?

Offline Tsunamijhoe

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2014, 03:46:16 pm »
Brahim
The new version doesnt really work on my system. Whenever it idles, i cannot get it to start any update jobs at all without first re-booting my pc, and a quick validate will end with 5 or 6 reports of the same things new/deleted or changed.

Really strange

Offline karimkanji

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 08:15:57 am »
12c seems to have fixed the memory leak issues I had been having with 12b. Thanks very much :)

Offline habe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 02:53:05 pm »
Brahim,

Despite trying everything I can, I am still having "low Memory Errors". I can not complete a Validate or Verify without an error and FlexRaid becoming unresponsive.

Here is my info:

Flexraid: 2.0 Final dated 8-16-14 (had the exact same issue with previous versions)
- OS? - Win & Home Pro; fresh install
- 32 bit or 64 bit? - 64bit
- System memory - 8GB
- Free system memory (system memory minus other applications, this info is pretty much the general amount, same as last posted) - Hardware Reserve - 337
                                                                                                                                                                                                  In use - 1392
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Modified - 60
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Standby - 1370
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Free - 5029

- Rate of memory leak:
I first noticed my issue when my pool stopped completing a validate. I've restarted the system and re-run Validate multiple times and always the same. Validate causes all free memory to be displaced by mainly Standby memory and a lower amount of Modified memory. As validate approaches 18% completion point, the Modified memory starts creeping up. Just before the Validate or Verify clicks over to 92% complete, Modified memory rapidly climbs and takes up all available memory other than Hardware Reserve & in-use (which always remains about the same) and I get the Low Memory Error. At that point, Flex will go no further. I have let it sit for up to 17 hours with little or no further progress.

To try and pinpoint the memory leak, I've shutdown ALL running programs until I've run Validate with no processes except for needed processes . I've shutdown AVAST (modified to exclude FlexRaid and the pool drive), removed XFAST LAN & XFAST USB, Asrock XRam so, don't think it's any of those programs/processes causing the leak. Again, the ONLY memory issues I have is with Flexraid Validate and Verify.

This is really starting to get to me as I have tried everything I can think of to pin point the memory issue. Please help!!! What info or access do you need to try and get this sorted out????

habe