Author Topic: Cannot copy files into the Real-Time Cruise Control Pool (V:) Remote or Local  (Read 2993 times)

Offline mrpatakio

• View Profile
I have been battling permissions stuff, but got through it with Take Ownership.  Now when trying to move MakeMKV files I get the following from WHS2011:

"Can't read from source file or disk."

I was able to copy from the Remote computer to a drive on the server which is not in the pool.  So then I Take Ownership and try to copy from that local drive to the local pool and same result.  Log has the following entries from one attempted copy:

[2014-03-07 16:07:58.588318][6824]      [OpenHandleWritable] info not found for \Movies\Blades of Glory (2007)\title00.mkv
[2014-03-07 16:07:58.588319][6824]      [OnSetEndOfFile] Denying truncate on allocation for non-writable handle! \Movies\Blades of Glory (2007)\title00.mkv
[2014-03-07 16:07:58.589321][5404]      [OpenHandleWritable] info not found for \Movies\Blades of Glory (2007)\title00.mkv
[2014-03-07 16:07:58.589322][5404]      [OnSetEndOfFile] Denying truncate on allocation for non-writable handle! \Movies\Blades of Glory (2007)\title00.mkv

No comments about the film, please.

Offline mrpatakio

• View Profile
FIXED: The problem was mixed ownership across the pooled drives.  This was the result of moving HDDs from other machines and unboxing USB drives to build the server' s pool of drives.

Offline plankster

• View Profile
Hey,

I have been getting the same error. I checked the owner of my drives and they were mixed. Two were set to SYSTEM and one was set to Administrators. I made them all SYSTEM and rebuilt the realtime profile but I am still getting the same error message.  :'(

Any ideas?

Any help would be very much appreciated as it is driving me crazy :(

Anil

Offline mrpatakio

• View Profile
I did so many things it is hard to know what really worked.  I believe that the ability to add a drive with data on it is questionable.  So, in the end I moved all of my data on to two drives outside the array and reformatted the others.  I created a snapshot array, giving up on real-time for now, with the formatted drives and copied, not moved, all of the data.  I hoped that copy would leave the old permissions where they were and give ownership and permissions of the new copies files to the array.  It seems to have worked.

After all of the data was copied, I formatted the remaining drives and added them to the array.  I still have not actually run a snapshot backup.  I do not know if it makes the drives unavailable during the process.  I have 10 TB and it will take the best part of a day.

I would be happy to answer more questions.  Good luck.

Offline DrBlaze

• View Profile
This thread should be moved to the Raid-F Real-Time section, as it has nothing to do with NAS.

I am having the same issue with Win7.  I have never been able to get 12(b or c) to work at all.  This problem manifested itself the moment I upgraded.  To fix it I simply rolled back to ver 12.

mrpatakio:  I believe you got it to work simply by switching to snapshot, not by any of the other random things you did.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:04:11 am by DrBlaze »

Offline DrBlaze

• View Profile
All users having issues with RT not writing to the pool:

http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3901.0;attach=3107

replace C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenEgg.org\FlexRAID RAID-F 2.0\ext\w_class1_0.dl
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:07:51 pm by DrBlaze »