Author Topic: tRAID . . . resume  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Warlock

• View Profile
tRAID . . . resume
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:31:11 am »
Can flexraid ( tRAID ) resume a task when you reboot the system while the task is not done.

i'm runing a "Verify Sync RAID" task and i want to power of the system . . . can i do this and will flexraid resume the task when the system is running again,
or do i need to wait until the task is done to reboot or turn of the system.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: tRAID . . . resume
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 12:30:11 pm »
A resume is not needed.

Manually, you can do a full or range verification.
Or, you can schedule the verification - in which case, it is governed by the "Scheduled Rang Operation Size" you have configured in your RAID settings.

So, just take note of where the operation is now and do a range operation starting from that point next time.

Offline Warlock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 10:50:26 pm »
I’m actually running the "Verify Sync RAID" for the first time . . . i just created the tRAID (the RAID pool is not available jet)

So it might be more accurate to ask can I resume the initialization task of a tRAID build when I reboot the system while the task is not done.

Offline Marv21

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 12:50:23 pm »
you can restart the task or, like brahim said do a range verification from the point where you are now.

Offline terrastrife

• 38TB FlexRAID
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:51:02 am »
Or just leave the system running. FlexRAID wasn't really made to be used on systems that turned off, ever. I use it on my daily which only gets rebooted once every month or so, power failures, critical updates, etc.