Author Topic: Issue?  (Read 1750 times)

Offline bilbo

• View Profile
Issue?
« on: September 29, 2011, 12:30:38 pm »
D:/;G:/;H:/;  is my config with autospace priority. The g: drive is not getting any data at all and if I add a new folder to the raid drive this folder does not appear on g: but it does appear on the other two. I don't think this is right?

RAID config is g: and d: as on DRU 2 X 1TB AND H: 2TB another DRU with a 2TB drive PPU.

Offline jasonwc

• View Profile
Re: Issue?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:16:51 pm »
There is an outstanding bug that should be fixed in the next release regarding balanced space priority mode. Apparently, it doesn't work as expected. Rather, it seems to behave like minimize folder split priority mode.  See http://bug.flexraid.com/view.php?id=51.

However, that wouldn't explain the issue you're having either. If you added the drives in the order of D, G, H - you should see data being written to G before H.

What is the available free space on all three drives? Have you added any of the drives as "Reserve"? If you manually add the folder to G:/, does it then write to the drive?

Could you paste your config? I think it's in config.txt in the FlexRAID program directory but I'm not sure as I'm not on my server. You could also paste a screenshot.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:23:50 pm by jasonwc »
Norco RPC-4224 4U Rackmount Case (24 Hotswap Bays) | Asus P8B Workstation Motherboard (four PCI-E 16x slots @ 8x/8x/4x/4x and dual 82574L Intel server NICs) | Core i3-2100 | Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 SAS Controller | Corsair TX650v2 PSU | Currently 16 TB array, 2 TB parity | WHS 2011

Offline bilbo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:32:35 pm »
unique=D:/;G:/;H:/

restrict=

thread=5

bufferSize=1MB

reserve=10GB

removable=true

syncFolderLastMod=false

filesystem=FlexRAIDFS

-R:\

|-*Auto-Balanced-Space-Priority

Offline bilbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 04:34:46 pm »
I seem to be having issues deleting anything also, from the actual  server through the pool r: drive in my case. They dont delete.

Offline djsecrist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 06:13:34 pm »
I seem to be having issues deleting anything also, from the actual  server through the pool r: drive in my case. They dont delete.
This is a known bug.  If you reboot, you will see that they do delete.  I think this will be completely irrelevant once Brahim releases the new storage pooling for Windows.  It will be completely different code and we will have new bugs to track down.