Author Topic: Where do I get "Pre-registration" data for lic transfer?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline AjS

• View Profile
Where do I get "Pre-registration" data for lic transfer?
« on: July 19, 2014, 07:36:09 am »
I'm trying to transfer my license to the same machine, but with a new OS installed,  I'll be upgrading to Enterprise instead of Ultimate w7x64.

WHERE do I get "Pre Registration Data"?  Nothing I've found describes what exactly this is.

Version: FlexRAID-2.0-Final_u11e
DO I NEED any other software than this, can't remember if there were other dependencies.

When I log into the "Portal", it says my activation code is expired for protection.  I'm assuming I need to get a new code transfer the license? 

Sorry for what might be obvious question to some, I've found this system a little frustrating and confusing for some things.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where do I get "Pre-registration" data for lic transfer?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:00:28 am »
Are you getting an activation screen at your install?
The option to generate a pre-registration file is one of the options presented to you in that panel.

If you don't get an activation screen, then you do not have to worry about activation. ;)

Don't worry about the activation window in the consumer portal. It is only used for the first time activation. This is to protect you against someone else stealing your code and activating before you. Once activated, the activation window is no longer meaningful.

Offline AjS

• View Profile
Re: Where do I get "Pre-registration" data for lic transfer?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 01:42:52 pm »
Thanks Brahim, tried to reg online again online and it worked.