Author Topic: Google Drive folder is missing  (Read 1643 times)

Offline jeff

• View Profile
Google Drive folder is missing
« on: October 21, 2014, 07:31:31 pm »
I set up tRAID with a couple of arrays and storage pools. I use Google Drive to sync files saved to the cloud.

I installed Google Drive and set the folder for it to sync to on one of the arrays. Google Drive created the desktop.ini file in the folder, which changes the folder's icon, then began to start syncing, but before any of the files were written to the folder, Google Drive returned an error "Google Drive folder is missing" and asked to locate the folder or disconnect from my account. If I locate the folder manually, pointing to the same location on my array, I get the error that this folder is not the original folder and to locate the original folder.

If I point Google Drive to a folder on my SSD, the only drive I have not in a tRAID array or storage pool, it syncs the files just like it should.

The tRAID array is set up with 3 DRUs (2x2TB and 1x3TB) and 1 PPU (3TB). Most of the settings are kept to default except for strict ACL mode is turned on.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way for Google Drive to use a tRAID array / storage pool?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:36:21 pm by jeff »

Offline Hudzen10

• View Profile
Re: Google Drive folder is missing
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 07:41:56 pm »
<bump>
getting the same issue, has anyone got google drive working on a tRAID pool?

Offline craigap

• View Profile
Re: Google Drive folder is missing
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 09:34:39 am »
I too have never been able to get google drive working on my flexraid pool. (Raid-F)