Author Topic: Installation on WHS2011  (Read 1351 times)

Offline tartifless

• View Profile
Installation on WHS2011
« on: April 13, 2015, 04:15:09 am »
Hello,

I installed t-raid succesfully on WHS2011, but i have a few questions i hope someone could help me with:

1) Is there any integration with the WHS2011 dashboard ?

2) Did someone succesfully install the client on another computer from the network ? (I only see my host when i use the client on the WHS itself through remote desktop, when i try from another computer on my network i have a yellow triangle)

3) The drive pool is listed under "removable device" on my WHS2011 => I cannot use it to store the WHS shares => I saw this can be edited in the preferences, but where can i find those preferences (like autostart and all those settings) ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
benoit

Offline KingfisherUK

• View Profile
Re: Installation on WHS2011
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 10:33:22 am »
1) No, no dashboard integration.
2) Personally, no. I run it on my server and access it via web browser over the network anyway.
3) Under RAID Options, Storage Pooling Options, there is an option marked as Removable: Just change it from true to false and set the file system as NTFS. It will then show up as a fixed drive.

Offline tartifless

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:55:33 am »
Hello,

Thanks for 1 & 2, though I would have thought an integration with the WHS dashboard would exist !

For 3: where do i find raid options ? How do i access those ? All i see is the preference button, but this only leads to some UI setup...

Offline KingfisherUK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:22:37 pm »
View the details of your RAID Configuration, then click the "gear with a pencil" button (it should have text similar to (E) - (CQ=64).... etc next to it), then expand the Storage Pooling Options section at the bottom and you'll then see the Removable option, Auto Start and so on.

Offline tartifless

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 03:01:12 pm »
Great thanks: that was well hidden !

I still have a question: I have put my shared folders on the pool and I have switched the "server" service to a delay start => Which leads to a long waiting time before the server is available.

What is the best configuration by experience for:
- Services setup
- Array start delay

Thanks in advance for your guidance