Author Topic: Raid-F for windows  (Read 1538 times)

Offline manishchandra

• View Profile
Raid-F for windows
« on: August 15, 2016, 06:10:08 am »
I have created a problem, I forgot my local host password and could not reset it. Now I uninstalled it  without stopping the array. Upgraded to windows 10.
Now at this stage my system is not reading the hard disks. what should i do?

Offline manishchandra

• View Profile
Re: Raid-F for windows
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:35:37 am »
My query in detailHi, I have been strugling with flexraid.
I had multiple issues but now to cut the long story short let me tell you the entire sequence of events. Pls guide me properly. I don't mind paying for the advice that you will give me. But please answer in detail. I just know little bit of computer.

I was facing problem in flex raid because I for got my local host password and hence could not add any other disk to it. You guys suggested me to create a file reset.password.txt in installation directory. I don't know what is installation directory. I created a that file and pasted in Flexraid 2.1 in program file folder. Nothing happened!!
I was using pirated windows 7.

Out of frustration uninstalled flexraid and ungraded to windows 10 (paid one). Then I downloaded flex raid fresh from your site and after installation it is asking for my previous login name and password. I thought of dropping flex raid and trying to attempt some other raid software but now when i checked my HDD in flex raid they are not read by my computer of other computer.

I am totally lost. Please guide me properly in step wise manner. One line may not help me as I have totally lost it

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 07:50:09 am »
1. Details help in getting responses. Typically, when a post is short and/or confusing, people just don't know how to respond.

2. Configuration information are stored in the DB file located on the C:\ drive. So, when uninstalling that file is not removed such that these configurations are preserved.

3. To reset the password, you have to:
a - create a file named  reset.password.txt and place it in the installation directory (E.g, C:\Program Files\OpenEgg.org\FlexRAID)
b - you need to restart the service or the system for the changes to take effect

4. If you want a clean slate to reconfigure things fresh look for C:\FlexRAID-Config.db and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\FlexRAID-Config.db and delete both if they exist. Then restart the service or your system. The service will create a fresh new configuration DB if it finds no existing DB.

Offline manishchandra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:44:05 pm »
Thanks a lot for your reply
but in my system i have E.g, C:\Program Files\FlexRAID instead  of C:\Program Files\OpenEgg.org\FlexRAID
i tried pasting it in that file but its not getting reset

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 09:06:13 am »
"E.g." means for example. You are being too literal and might need some hand-holding. Try to find someone who knows about computer to follow the posted instructions correctly.

Offline mkurt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 10:57:42 am »
Thanks a lot for your reply
but in my system i have E.g, C:\Program Files\FLEXRAID instead  of C:\Program Files\OpenEgg.org\FlexRAID
i tried pasting it in that file but its not getting reset

Hello,
I believe that the path that you have "C:\Program Files\Flexraid" is the proper path for version 2.1 of Flexraid. Brahim gave you the path for version 2.0 of Flexraid. Make the text file in Notepad, and place it in the Flexraid folder on your "C" drive. After that is completed, stop the service....press "Ctrl, Alt Delete", go "Start Task Manager", got to "Services" tab and then scroll down to the Flexraid service. Right click on the service and select Stop in the window that opens. Restart your pc and you should be golden...good luck!

Mark