Author Topic: FlexRAID application lost on FlexRAID controlled drive  (Read 758 times)

Offline cdphobe

• View Profile
FlexRAID application lost on FlexRAID controlled drive
« on: September 26, 2016, 12:47:03 pm »
Okay, I've managed to do something stupid...
My PPU was held on an eternal drive which, thanks to a house move, has gone missing.  I had two data drives in place, as well as an SSD for the OS and a small HDD for programme files, swap file etc.
As a result of trying to swap out and re-establish the PPU for a new internal drive my small HDD has disappeared (same drive letter allocated that the PPU drive used to use) and I'm therefore unable to sort the pool or access the rest of the drives separately - and I can't simply download another copy of FlexRAID to try to run from the spare drive because (I assume) the registry shows I've been using FlexRAID for more than 21 days so thinks I need to buy a licence.
I've managed to get the service running now by removing the FlexRAID filepath to the HDD, resetting it to another drive letter and changing the service location to the new drive letter through some minor Registry tweaks. So I can now start the pool and see the data again, but get an error message if I try and remove either data drive from the pool. Any suggestions for the next step? I have no qualms about deleting the entire set-up and creating a new RAID array so long as I retain the data.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:34:41 pm by cdphobe »

Offline cogliostrio

• View Profile
Re: FlexRAID application lost on FlexRAID controlled drive
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 12:39:57 am »
Have a look at these links

http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/02/13/replacing-swapping-out-a-non-failed-drive-for-another-drive/

http://wiki.flexraid.com/2012/03/25/how-do-i-add-my-drive-back-to-the-pool-after-re-installing-my-os/

Im running t-raid, and there you can just recreate the raid setup with a new PPU (amongst other things).
I would've though that f-raid worked the same way data wise.