Author Topic: FlexRaid Drive Pool Suddenly Won't Start (Preview works fine)  (Read 993 times)

Offline davecraze

• View Profile
FlexRaid Drive Pool Suddenly Won't Start (Preview works fine)
« on: September 30, 2016, 09:34:29 am »
Hey flexraid gurus:

I run flexraid to create a 15 drive 26tb drive pool (drive letter Z) for my movies.

Knock on wood, I guess, but it has run without an issue or glitch for well over six years - sort of set it and forget it. I have made no changes to the configuration. Suddenly, the drive pool won't start or republish/restart. I think the configuration is fine because it is perfect when I click the preview button - i see all the movies in one drive letter Z, as expected.

However, when I try to start or republish, flexraid says "processing the requested action", but it never finishes starting and I get a Windows popup that says "You need to format the disk in drive: Z before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" I am super scared to click yes as I fear it would format all the drive pool and erase all my files.

Any idea what the problem could be?

I used to be very comfortable with flexraid but since I haven't had to touch it in years, I just don't remember what to do in this situation.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Offline Jbcain

• View Profile
Re: FlexRaid Drive Pool Suddenly Won't Start (Preview works fine)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 10:29:33 am »
what'd yo end up doing