Author Topic: NAS drives UNC path with username and password  (Read 1328 times)

Offline deefer

• View Profile
NAS drives UNC path with username and password
« on: October 26, 2016, 03:21:50 pm »
Hi all,

I am running RAID-F on Windows 10, just for the pooling options, and have 2 NAS drives mapped to M and N drives.

Both UNC paths require username + password to access.

I'm trying to add these to the External Network Shares section, and have done so, but nothing shows in the pooling list, I presume because it isn't logged in and so can't actually see the network share.

What are my options for connecting, is it possible? Can I just tell Flexraid to use the M and N drives, or is this not possible?

Any advice at all would be great!

Thanks!

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NAS drives UNC path with username and password
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 04:11:23 pm »
The FlexRAID service needs to run under a user account that has right to those shares.

Offline deefer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 12:14:10 pm »
Thanks Brahim,

I've opened the network shares up, remapped them to M: and N: with no username and password, but now in Drive Manager, I see shares@network, status is MISSING, and it says Unsupported.

If I click View Drive's Content, I can see both media shares with the arrow to the left to expand, which if I click just disappears.

How do I add these shares to my pool?

Offline deefer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 12:57:32 pm »
Ok, I got it so I can add them to the pool, but nothing shows.

My shares are added to the External Network Shares as:

\\name1\media
\\name2\media

And I've tried typing both of those in the Unique Volumes box of my Storage Pool Only config:

\\name1\media
\\name2\media

And I can't see anything in the published pool. If I add C:\example then I can see stuff in there, but nothing from the UNC paths. I've also tried mapping the UNC to drives and adding the drives to the Unique Volumes, but still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 04:06:08 pm »
This wiki topic details what my previous post was stating: http://wiki.flexraid.com/2011/06/09/running-flexraid-under-a-different-user-account-for-network-access/

If you see nothing from the shares, it is likely a permission issue.

Offline CalDude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 01:16:39 pm »
I have configured FlexRaid's broker to use a Domain Administrator service account and have added a network share, in additon to disks, to a new storage pool.  When logged into flexraid's server as as the service account, I can access the network share and read/write files normally.  However, when I spin up the storage pool, I can see all the files from all the disks and see the files from the network share, I can read files from the disks, but I cannot read files from the network share.  I get a 'Cannot read from source file or disk' error, as if the flexraid service account didnt have read access to the files.  It does.  I have also granted read/write/modify access to Everyone, the flexraid server's computer account, Anonymous users, etc... all getting the same error.

So why can I read the file from the network share under, but the service cannot; both under the same username?

Thanks.