Author Topic: Windows 7 Device Manager shows yellow exclamation next to FlexRaid Storage Pool  (Read 568 times)

Offline mpompey

• View Profile
Is it possible to re-install Flexraid or Flexraid driver on top of existing installation? Here is my current problem.

I'm running flexraid on a win7 64bit NAS box with 5 WD Red 2TB DRUs and 1 WD Red 2TB PPU.

The box functions as a simple NAS for various VMs running in XenServer on another machine.

A couple of days ago all of my llinux VMs mounts to the NAS started failing. When I checked the NAS I saw a yellow exclamation point next to Flexraid Storage Pool under Portable Devices in Device manager. When I right click on FelxRaid Storage Pool in Device Manager is reports "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

While it seems files in the storage pool are available for windows and android devices, none of the linux VMs will mount to any of the shares while the in this state.

I swapped out HD cables. I ran SMART surface scans with HD sentinel and none of the drives are thowing any errors.

Offline mpompey

• View Profile
Update:

Yesterday evening I managed to run chkdsk against the 7 drives and
rebooted. Still the same issues with the exclamation mark and the
listing in Device manager.

My next thoughts are maybe backing up the configuration and maybe
reinstalling Flexraid. but I want to be sure that I am familiar with
backing up a config and then re-installing it before I try that.

Offline mx5gr

• View Profile
Same thing happened to me after migrating an entire RAID-F array from a windows 8 PC to another with 8.1. It shows the same error (yellow exclamation mark) under portable devices.

Tried to uninstall it, it still reappears.

RAID-F version is 2.1 and the storage array is set as non-removable.

Any ideas?