Author Topic: All drives listed as healthy, storage pool running, but errors on update  (Read 233 times)

Offline thiefofdreams

• View Profile
I had a working setup in Windows 7 Home.  I upgraded to a clean install of Windows 10 Home, and installed the latest FlexRAID.  I tried to create a new configuration using my old drives (with data and parity).  Now I am unable to Update with the following error:

An exception has occurred!
See logs for full message.
Error message: The previous run exited abnormally! Could not restore metadata from backup - delete failed! Please restore manually.

Error log as follows:

[2017-01-04 21:32:56,771] INFO : Executing update...
[2017-01-04 21:32:56,771] ERROR: [update] error: Exception[The previous run exited abnormally! Could not restore metadata from backup - delete failed! Please restore manually.]
java.lang.Exception: The previous run exited abnormally! Could not restore metadata from backup - delete failed! Please restore manually.
   at com.tchegbe.lib.io.a.e.c.a.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[2017-01-04 21:32:56,786] INFO : [update] completed at: Wed Jan 04 21:32:56 CST 2017

I've spent 5 hours searching the net so far and haven't figured it out yet.  I saw one recommendation to navigate to the parity drive and rename flxr.meta.bak to flxr.meta but I can't figure out how to navigate to the parity drive, and I'm not sure if the backup is any good either.

Please help!

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You will need to assign a drive letter (Using Windows DisK Management) to the parity drive to access its content.
Then do rename flxr.meta.bak to flxr.meta if it exists. If not, you will need to rebuild parity anew.

Offline thiefofdreams

• View Profile
Success! Thank you!  I can't believe I was so close and couldn't get it on my own.  I also didn't know how to manually recreate the parity, or I would have just done that, because I understood that "Update" refreshes the parity drive.  The other files I read said that Restore the PPU doesn't make sense if you only have 1 parity, but I suspect that would have fixed it.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In the screenshot below, you can see a section titled "Toolbox".
That section has controls to do manual operations including being able to re-create the parity data.