Author Topic: Transparent RAID (tRAID) Version 1.1 Preview release  (Read 6627 times)

Offline adridolf

• View Profile
Re: Transparent RAID (tRAID) Version 1.1 Preview release
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2017, 03:54:29 am »
The log is exactly the same as before.
The recent entries show no issue. Meant to attach something different?

Not exactly: The "Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException" is now actually occurring during shutdown (2017-02-20 23:18).

Earlier, it was logged only at machine startup. Maybe coincidence.

Offline e.Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2017, 02:35:27 pm »
I'm building a new server. My old server is running RAID-F. I'm planning on moving my drives over to tRAID and would like to use the v1.1 preview release. Are there any issues that I should consider before beginning the move?

-e.B

...also is there any discount for buying tRAID for longtime RAID-F owners? :D

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2017, 01:35:42 pm »
Update

FYI, working on the Linux builds now that 16.04.2 is out.

Offline cogliostrio

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2017, 04:44:04 am »
Update

Yay  ;D

Offline adridolf

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2017, 10:45:42 am »
While the preview is still running smoother than any version before, I found a new error in the WebUI log (it has occurred about every second day for three weeks, with the time looking random to me):

[2017-03-16 11:53:25,215] ERROR schedulerError(2337) - An error occured while scanning for the next trigger to fire.
org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't acquire next trigger: null [See nested exception: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException]
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.acquireNextTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:2789)
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$36.execute(Unknown Source)
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.executeInNonManagedTXLock(JobStoreSupport.java:3763)
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.acquireNextTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:2728)
   at org.quartz.core.QuartzSchedulerThread.run(QuartzSchedulerThread.java:264)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.layers.layer2.meta.NonNativeObjectInfo.setAttributeValue(NonNativeObjectInfo.java:313)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.layers.layer3.Layer3ReaderImpl.internalFromBytes(Layer3ReaderImpl.java:213)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.layers.layer3.Layer3ReaderImpl.metaFromBytes(Layer3ReaderImpl.java:107)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.session.SessionEngineImpl.layer3ToLayer2(SessionEngineImpl.java:305)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.session.SessionEngineImpl.getMetaObjectFromOid(SessionEngineImpl.java:520)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.query.nq.NativeQueryExecutor.matchObjectWithOid(NativeQueryExecutor.java:57)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.query.GenericQueryExecutor.executeFullScan(GenericQueryExecutor.java:291)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.query.GenericQueryExecutor.execute(GenericQueryExecutor.java:169)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.session.SessionEngineImpl.execute(SessionEngineImpl.java:753)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.query.AbstractQuery.objects(AbstractQuery.java:140)
   at com.tchegbe.lib.ext.scheduler.NeoDatisQuartzDriverDelegate.selectTriggerToAcquire(NeoDatisQuartzDriverDelegate.java:73)
   at com.tchegbe.lib.ext.scheduler.ObjectDBQuartzDriverDelegate.selectTriggerToAcquire(ObjectDBQuartzDriverDelegate.java:1088)
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.acquireNextTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:2746)
   ... 4 more

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2017, 10:59:09 am »
While the preview is still running smoother than any version before, I found a new error in the WebUI log (it has occurred about every second day for three weeks, with the time looking random to me):

[2017-03-16 11:53:25,215] ERROR schedulerError(2337) - An error occured while scanning for the next trigger to fire.
org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't acquire next trigger: null [See nested exception: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException]
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.acquireNextTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:2789)
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$36.execute(Unknown Source)
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.executeInNonManagedTXLock(JobStoreSupport.java:3763)
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.acquireNextTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:2728)
   at org.quartz.core.QuartzSchedulerThread.run(QuartzSchedulerThread.java:264)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.layers.layer2.meta.NonNativeObjectInfo.setAttributeValue(NonNativeObjectInfo.java:313)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.layers.layer3.Layer3ReaderImpl.internalFromBytes(Layer3ReaderImpl.java:213)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.layers.layer3.Layer3ReaderImpl.metaFromBytes(Layer3ReaderImpl.java:107)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.session.SessionEngineImpl.layer3ToLayer2(SessionEngineImpl.java:305)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.session.SessionEngineImpl.getMetaObjectFromOid(SessionEngineImpl.java:520)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.query.nq.NativeQueryExecutor.matchObjectWithOid(NativeQueryExecutor.java:57)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.query.GenericQueryExecutor.executeFullScan(GenericQueryExecutor.java:291)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.query.GenericQueryExecutor.execute(GenericQueryExecutor.java:169)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.session.SessionEngineImpl.execute(SessionEngineImpl.java:753)
   at org.neodatis.odb.core.query.AbstractQuery.objects(AbstractQuery.java:140)
   at com.tchegbe.lib.ext.scheduler.NeoDatisQuartzDriverDelegate.selectTriggerToAcquire(NeoDatisQuartzDriverDelegate.java:73)
   at com.tchegbe.lib.ext.scheduler.ObjectDBQuartzDriverDelegate.selectTriggerToAcquire(ObjectDBQuartzDriverDelegate.java:1088)
   at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.acquireNextTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:2746)
   ... 4 more

Please add to bug.flexraid.com and I will take a look.
Thanks.

Offline jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2017, 10:54:31 pm »
I'm in the process of setting up my system again after an SSD failure and wanted to check out the new preview version as it's been a while since the last tRAID update. I briefly had the latest release version installed, but didn't set anything up yet, uninstalled and installed the preview version in the first post (both host and client).

After rebooting, opening the web client, and logging in, I got this error: "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: 500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details"

I attached the NZFSWebUI.log which has a stack trace for com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException.

Offline jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2017, 11:41:48 pm »
I'm in the process of setting up my system again after an SSD failure and wanted to check out the new preview version as it's been a while since the last tRAID update. I briefly had the latest release version installed, but didn't set anything up yet, uninstalled and installed the preview version in the first post (both host and client).

After rebooting, opening the web client, and logging in, I got this error: "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: 500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details"

I attached the NZFSWebUI.log which has a stack trace for com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException.

Looks like the issue was related to something cached by the browser. I cleared the cache and cookies and the web client loads properly now. Probably something cached from the previous version that's not compatible. Good to find that is the solution, although it'd be good if the web client could handle this upgrade scenario gracefully.

Offline adridolf

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2017, 06:35:48 am »
Hello jeff,

I had this message when using the first preview version:

http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php/topic,49184.msg77024.html#msg77024

After having updated to the second preview, it vanished.

Offline harakiri

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2017, 01:01:14 pm »
any news for the final version?

Offline b-earl

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2017, 02:22:37 am »
Thanks for a new preview Brahim!
Trying out on my new installed Windows Server 2016 with bitlocker on the data drives. At the moment the array is initializing. Will get back if something is strange.
Server HW: Chenbro RM41416 case | Supermicro X10SLM-F + LSI SAS 9305-16i | Xeon E3-1231 v3 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC Ram
Server OS:   Windows Server 2016 (UEFI) on 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo ssd
Transparent RAID 1.1.0 2017.02.11
Backupserver: Supermicro X9SCM-F UEFI + LSI SAS9211-8i IT FW
Server OS: Win 2016

Offline cogliostrio

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2017, 03:11:29 am »
Update

Any updates on this?

Offline wdeydwondrer

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2017, 10:56:37 pm »
Any news on the preview or final?

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2017, 07:57:39 am »
Any news on the preview or final?

Still no ETA. Nonetheless, this would be the first thing to be pushed out.
There have certainly been long delays, but the hope is to have things resume this Fall.

Offline harakiri

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2017, 01:14:26 pm »
Hi Brahim,
please keep us more informated. Actually I have no good feeling about the future. My tRAID running on a 2012 R2 but my hardware must be changed next year and there I have a decision for what I want to choose my storage software.  I want to migrate my data to a Server 2016, but if I have the feeling that tRAID is dead, I will make a Raid1 if there isn't any new news :( In the past I loved your software.

So PLEASE keep us more up2date or give a roadmap. The latest untested preview from tRAID is from 2017-01-28 :(