Author Topic: Transparent RAID (tRAID) Version 1.1 Preview release  (Read 13798 times)

Offline adridolf

• View Profile
Re: Transparent RAID (tRAID) Version 1.1 Preview release
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2017, 08:14:18 am »
Is it safe to upgrade from the latest preview to the new release (2017.11.22)?

Upgrade is done by the normal procedure from the wiki?

http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/06/27/uninstalling-or-upgrading-the-transparent-raid-host-package/

http://wiki.flexraid.com/2013/06/27/uninstalling-or-upgrading-the-transparent-raid-web-client-package/

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2017, 08:23:33 am »
It is safe and recommended. :)
Also, hammer it and report any defect.

Offline harakiri

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2017, 01:35:22 am »
Brahim,
thank you for the latest version. Please tell us more news or a roadmap for the future. Actually I am unsure If I will keep tRaid on my next fileserver, beginning in 2018 or 2019. The forum and flexraid project looking dead, I don't know what exactly planning in the future.

I don't know how good the newest version is tested out to avoid critical errors with my 8 TB data  :-\

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2017, 08:47:21 am »
Brahim,
thank you for the latest version. Please tell us more news or a roadmap for the future. Actually I am unsure If I will keep tRaid on my next fileserver, beginning in 2018 or 2019. The forum and flexraid project looking dead, I don't know what exactly planning in the future.

I don't know how good the newest version is tested out to avoid critical errors with my 8 TB data  :-\
Baby steps. ;)

In order of importance:
1. Refresher release updates (with all critical bugs resolved, new Linux kernels support, etc. - so we can pick back up where we left off)
2. Major improvement releases (already done - just need to be released)
3. Major re-architecture/redesign releases (to modernize all products)
4. Major product extension releases (more on this later)

ETA for refresher releases: happening now... tRAID for Linux being pushed out in the next few days
ETA for major improvement releases: likely January with beta builds out in the new few weeks...
ETA for major re-architecture/redesign releases: Spring 2018
ETA for major product extension release: no ETA... we'll see based on the beta releases

The current refresher releases were heavily tested both internally and externally by a number of users. So, these are the releases you want to be on. ;)