Author Topic: 133GB FlexRAID-Managed-Pool  (Read 197 times)

Offline thperez1972

• View Profile
133GB FlexRAID-Managed-Pool
« on: April 13, 2017, 07:10:34 am »
One of my DRU disks died. I used to have the parity drives scheduled to update frequently but I must have not noticed the end date of the task had past so I was not able to restore any data. My fault, my loss. So I replaced the bad drive and recreated the parity drives. My concern now is the size of the FlexRAID-Managed-Pool folder. It's at 133GB. Before the drive failed, it was not nearly as large. I can't say how big it was as the folder was hidden and I never had occasion to measure it.

There are 18 items in the class1_0 but 16 appear to be links. There only appear to be 2 folders and one of those contains almost all of the 133GB. I had assumed this may have been trying to recreate the files from the failed drive from the really old parity information or something like that and it would possibly go away once the parity was recreated. It didn't go away. Will deleting those file mess things up? The files aren't good. A number of them are video files and none of the ones I tried actually play. I considered deleting the files and recreating the parity again. I just wanted to get some input from the more knowledgeable users before I stated another 70 hour Parity Computation Process.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if there's any other information I could provide that might be needed for help in this matter.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 133GB FlexRAID-Managed-Pool
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 10:07:53 am »
Enable the viewing of hidden and security files, grant yourself security permission to the folders, and navigate down the folder to the disk mounts.
If you find a folder not disk mounted, copy its content out to another disk and then delete that folder.

Offline thperez1972

• View Profile
Re: 133GB FlexRAID-Managed-Pool
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 03:55:30 pm »
Thanks...you told me what I needed to know. I had already copied them to another disk but it didn't really matter. The files were corrupt somehow and won't open. But your reply told me it was safe to delete them. With 16 links, I assumed they represented the 16 mounted disks. The two actual folders had time stamps from when previous disks had been swapped out.