Author Topic: Can't verify sync pool  (Read 767 times)

Offline jkirkcaldy

• View Profile
Can't verify sync pool
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:41:59 am »
For some reason I can't sync my pool.

I can sometimes do a verify sync on a small portion of the drives but when I try to do more immediately afterwards it just stops. No failure notification no nothing it just stops and stays at whatever percentage it was when it stopped.

I have tried reinstalling both the host and web client with no luck. I have deleted the triad configuration and built it again using the create new parity information option and that did the same thing, got to 45% and stopped, the time at the top doesn't change and the data processed doesn't change.

If I try and abort the task - nothing. I get the message saying that the task will abort soon and then nothing.

Trying to sync online or offline has no difference in result.

I can still access the pool but there is no protection so I am very worried should I have a disk failure I am at serious risk of loosing data.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't verify sync pool
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:15:47 am »
Check the Windows event viewer for potential clues.

Offline jkirkcaldy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 08:33:05 am »
The only thing that comes up in the event viewer is:

The IO operation at logical block address 0x2 for Disk 21 (PDO name: \Device\0000008c) was retried.

Disk 21 is the tRaid pool

Offline adridolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 06:08:17 am »
The IO operation at logical block address 0x2 for Disk 21 (PDO name: \Device\0000008c) was retried.

Disk 21 is the tRaid pool

This seems to be normal. I have this once for every server start and occasionally at the beginning of a (successful) scheduled verify/sync (3 or 4 times during the first minute).

For me, it is always the pool and always 0x2.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 09:14:10 am »
This seems to be normal. I have this once for every server start and occasionally at the beginning of a (successful) scheduled verify/sync (3 or 4 times during the first minute).

For me, it is always the pool and always 0x2.
That is not normal. It might not be severe, but it is not normal. Check your TCQ, SWO, and or pool caching settings.
Additionally, use SMART to monitor your disks and pay attention to those disks with increasing error rates.