Author Topic: Can't activate  (Read 1035 times)

Offline jayrox

• View Profile
Can't activate
« on: April 30, 2017, 01:22:30 pm »
This has to be the most frustrating activation system EVER, I have 2 licence for 2 machines, the first machine had windows 7 on it and the activation went OK, then I installed windows 10 on that machine and now it will not activate, if I click on the Activation link, it just says "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException:500 the call failed to the server". When I click Start offline activation it says "Pre-registration failure". When I click on Activate using licence key file and paste my Licence key that was sent to me by email it says "does not exist". When I click on Activate using free trial once again I get "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException:500 the call failed to the server". Been to the licencing portal and did the New Offline Activation, click on Activate and it just log me out of the portal, tried pasting the code given in the web client still wont activate.  My second licence bought today so not received it yet but when I click on the flexraid shortcut on the desktop it just takes me to a blank page at http://localhost:8080/?locale=en_GB this too is a Windows 10 machine, I have tried all sorts to get them working, I am using the latest version, tried turning my virus checker off, tried turning my VPN off, looked on your forums at other people having the same similar problems, nothing works, I admit it could be user fault but it should to be this difficult surely.  I have included the logs the first one FlexRAID is from the first machine and FlexRAID (2) is from the second machine, thanks.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't activate
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 03:04:18 pm »
Code: [Select]
[2017-04-30 16:03:36,858] ERROR: Address already in use: JVM_BindYou have another program running on port 8080. This is why the shortcut takes you a blank page as the FlexRAID UI is actually not running.
You should change that other program to use a different port or edit <install dir>\ports.js and configure FlexRAID to use a different port.

2. Rebooting your system will take care of the "Pre-registration failure" issue.

Offline jayrox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 03:50:31 am »
Machine 2 now works fine, I activated using the trial until I receive my activation key, thanks. Machine 1 still won't activate, when I put my activation code in from the email it still says "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException:500 the call failed to the server", when I try offline activation it now says "invalid request", am I doing it the right way,
1-click on start offline activation
2-input my purchase code
3-click on start
4-copy the pre-registration data
5-go to the secure portal
6-click new offline activation
7-paste my pre-registration code into the box
8-click activate (this is where it says "invalid request")
thanks for the help so far,

Offline jayrox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 09:32:24 am »
This is now turning into a joke, I received my licence key for machine 2 (which was working fine withe the trial key), I deactivated the trial key and replaced it with my key that was emailed to me, and I keep getting "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException:500 the call failed to the server", I went to the online secure portal did the online activation, it said "Your key was successfully generated and a copy of it was sent to you by email", got the email with the code in pasted that into the activate using licence key file, then I get a message that says does not exist???????????

Machine 1 still won't work still says "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException:500 the call failed to the server".

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 10:02:05 am »
1. Are you limited to doing an offline activation only? If not, you should simply click on the first activation option and enter in your purchase code.

2. When doing offline activation, you are supposed to save the emailed attachment to your disk (C:\MyFlexRAIDLicenseKey.txt). Then, you will enter "C:\MyFlexRAIDLicenseKey.txt" when prompted for the license key file. It is looking for the file and not the pasted content.

3. Please email sales at flexraid dot com with the purchase code for machine 1 and explain the issues you are having.

Offline jayrox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 10:23:12 am »
That was the first thing I did and I kept getting the message "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException:500 the call failed to the server", just tried it again and it's now working????

I still get the same message "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException:500 the call failed to the server" on machine 1 when I put my activation key in.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 10:27:35 am »
I still get the same message "com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException:500 the call failed to the server" on machine 1 when I put my activation key in.
Please email sales and attach the Web UI logs for that machine as well as provide the purchase code in question.
Thanks.

Offline jayrox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 10:29:44 am »
Thanks for the reply, where do i find the Web UI logs.

Also where do I find the email address for sales.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:31:25 am by jayrox »

Offline jayrox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 10:59:21 am »
Even more confused now, just tried activation on machine 1 again, and this time it worked???????????

Offline jayrox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 11:04:42 am »
Ahemmm Spoke to soon, now when I add drives to my pool it says "operation Failure Licence Exception Is the feature you are trying to use licensed?

Going to delete everything and start new.

Offline jayrox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 11:39:55 am »
This is like walking through treacle now when I enter my Pre-registration data I get "Operation Failure Invalid Request" is there any way to reset everything at your end so I can just enter my Purchase Code in to activate it, when I try now I just keep getting Invalid request, tried everything re-install, delete config re-boot and it still wont activate, I can activate it with the trial button?????????????????????????? close to requesting a refund on both of them.

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 12:06:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply, where do i find the Web UI logs.

Also where do I find the email address for sales.
You provided the logs in your initial post. So, you know where it is. ;)
Email sales at flexraid dot com as previously instructed with the purchase code, logs, and details of your issues.