Author Topic: Storage Pool “Can’t Read From the Source File or Disk” Error  (Read 117 times)

Offline Elminstertcom

• View Profile
Storage Pool “Can’t Read From the Source File or Disk” Error
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:44:35 pm »
Just recently I have ran into an odd issue where on one of my 10 drives in my storage pool, I got the “Can’t Read From the Source File or Disk” error when trying to copy a file through windows explorer from the storage pool to any drive on any computer.  I can write to the pool without issue, I can play the file by double clicking it in the explorer window without problem.  The only issue is when I try to copy it from the pool.

Now here is where it gets really strange.  If I remote onto the server and assign a drive letter to the drive containing the file, essentially bypassing the storage pool, I can copy the file directly from the drive in explorer without issue.  If I have two explorer windows open, one pointed at the storage pool the other at the specific drive, I can copy from the specific drive but get the “Can’t Read From the Source File or Disk” error if I try to copy from the window pointed at the storage pool.

Any Idea as to what could have happened?
Thank you!