Author Topic: FLXR Folders  (Read 520 times)

Offline mrpictureman

• View Profile
FLXR Folders
« on: October 31, 2017, 08:54:24 pm »
Hello

Can someone walk me through hijacking a hard drive to get to the flxr folders I did a cut and past from my server to another drive on my computer and all I got was empty folders so I'm hoping that the files are still in the flxr folders.  I did see someone mention hijacking a drive and adding a drive letter to it and than once I'm done remove the drive letter and it will go back into my pool?  Sounds easy enough but I have no clue how to do that can someone be so kind as to walk me through it step by step?  I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you

Offline Bugman

• View Profile
Re: FLXR Folders
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 04:15:54 am »
Stop the storage pool, then go to windows drive management and select the drive in question. Right click and select change drive letters and paths. Click add, and select a drive letter. This should reveal drive in windows explorer. Copy files as needed, then go back to Flexraid and restart Storage pool.

I am assuming you're on windows....

Offline Brahim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 09:11:25 am »
Stop the storage pool, then go to windows drive management and select the drive in question. Right click and select change drive letters and paths. Click add, and select a drive letter. This should reveal drive in windows explorer. Copy files as needed, then go back to Flexraid and restart Storage pool.

I am assuming you're on windows....
+1

Also, if you have the recycle bin feature enabled, the files will be under the ".@RECYCLER$" folder. There is one such folder under each data drive. They are hidden and system folders. So, do enable the viewing of hidden and system folders to see them.

Offline mrpictureman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 06:02:15 pm »
Thanks guys I did experiment while waiting for reply's and I actually did do what you suggested.  I went to rename the hard drives and found ADD which I tested on one drive  I left the original name and just added the new name ie drive D.  I was able to pull that drive out of the pool by doing this.  I then did a search for the two folders names which I still had and could not find.  So I went back to rename the hard drive and saw that I could delete out the new name Drive D and retain the original name.  I started up the pool again and everything was back the way it was supposed to be.  Feeling confident I went back in and followed the same process on a couple more drives checking the newest least filled drives first and I found the folders fully intact and copied and pasted the folders to an attached external hard drive.  Everything went perfect saved 150GB of data  I thought I would give the long explanation version in case someone else needed the added info.